Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Call of duty multiplayer problem

Options
  • 27-02-2004 9:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 235 ✭✭

I keep having this problem when I click 'join a server' in the main menu. It crashes and gives an error message 'codmp has caused an error in UI_MP_X86.DLL' or something. Its weird cos it used to work. I have run windows xp and me and i still get an error. I have a dell dimension 8100 and an asus ati9600.
    I was just wondering if anyone had had a similar problem or has any help.
    Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,188 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

have you the latest CATALYST drivers?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 235 ✭✭crowl

Yes I just got em yesterday.

I googled "codmp has caused an error in UI_MP_X86.DLL" and all that came up was this.

another search (w/o quotes) returned this .

I've never heard of this problem before.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,460 ✭✭✭shinzon

have you got the latest patch which i believe is beta 1.3

shin

No I have 1.2 cos 1.3 is not fully supported and is not being run by many servers afaik. Strangely this problem does not seem to be solely in call of duty, I installed and tried to run championship manager 03/04 this morning but when i tried to start it up i got a similar error message about an error caused in the cm.exe. From this I presume there is something wrong with the pc itself. I have already reformatted it and tried a different version of windows(xp and me) also I have updated all the drivers and I am at a loss to explain what the problem is. Any suggestions?

• Advertisement

did you build the PC yourself? are you sure your RAM is OK? I was having a lot of problems a while back and it turned out to be dodgy RAM... run Memtest86 and see if it comes up with anything.

The pc is an oldish dell using 384mb of rambus memory. Its a dimension 8100. I have had no problems up till now and both these games have worked before.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭n1ck

Originally posted by shinzon
    have you got the latest patch which i believe is beta 1.3

shin

I really dont advise you get this patch as it fixes a few bugs but its a beta so hardly any servers use it, and you cannot unistall it so if you install it you have to reinstall call of duty to get rid of it.

Advertisement