Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

very ducking fusty

• 04-03-2001 5:40pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,660 ✭✭✭

Is it me or is way dustier than it used to be?

I washed my car last thursday and when I went out on saturday to check the oil and water b4 lending it to my sister it was covered in dust again! She washed it on saturday (dunno why) and by monday morning it was covered in dust again!

I blame the amount of building sites around the town and the city too, though it's probably due to other causes as well. For one thing no1 ever tries to get rid of it. In Glasgow they had a city beautifcation scheme where they washed all the industrial soot and dust off the builings and street and it improved air quality as well as the look of the place. Just about every Irish town and city could use the same thing.

Not that my car is such a work of art that it has to be clean to be enjoyed. It's a piece of ****. But I still have enough pride to want it to be clean, even if it is a POS. Some bright spark decided to site the intake for the squiters at the top of the tank too, so they only work if the tank is full, and I have to clean it in order to be able to see out of the bloody thing. rolleyes.gif

Of course it's not all bad owning a POS car. I can park it wherever I want and not worry about it being stolen, or broken into if I leave things out of sight. If it's towed away it's probably worth less than the impound fee so that's a weight off my mind. If some ******* scratches or dents it and drives off (it has happened) I'd still rip the ****** off the guy if I caught him, but probably wouldn't feed them to him whole. And of course I can be that bit more aggressive in traffic cos not only am I unconcerned about a few dents but other people in shiny new cars who are, know that I'm not. smile.gif

In fact - anybody know where I can get that "Piece of **** car" song? biggrin.gif

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,494 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Ever think its becuse of the pollution from cars and them dragging mud around with them, wearing away roads, blah, blah, blah, .....

[cue Homer Simpson voice] Hmmm, pigeons.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,660 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

I did say there was prolly other factors too tongue.gifsmile.gif

• Subscribers Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭Draco

A few years ago (okay, maybe 10) there was a massive amount of sand from the Sahara turning up in Dublin because of the slightly unusal weather conditions at the time. something similar might be happening now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 938 ✭✭✭Lucy_la_morte

I think Blitz deserves a "Griping (not gripping) Board" for stuff that gets on his nerves. It's quite interesting reading.

J'ai dormi sous l'eau.

Lucy la morte.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,660 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

If I griped about everything that got on my nerves there'd be no end smile.gif Old people now.... wink.gif

I usually try to make it funny so at least I'd be a funny whiney ******* smile.gif

• Advertisement
Advertisement