Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Save Goldberg!

• 28-02-2004 1:32am
    Registered Users Posts: 750 ✭✭✭

I'm thinkin that with stone cold injured, The rock too busy, HHH due a break from the top, taker pushing on, mick foley probably leaving, big show sucking, rvd, booker t , kane, jericho too midcardy that they should pay him the drop in the ocean that he wants because in my opinion they need him.
    HE is SO over these days that the brock feud could be so good if he could actually be on t.v. to promote it could be fantastic.
    Yeah he is demanding but hell brock wants a jet, rock's gettin too much money elsewhere, taker wants mideon back with him, austin leaves when he doesn't get his way they're all really demanding.
    Personally I think they need the most intense guy in the business. I just read that it was only a few years ago that Godberg vs Hogan packed the Georgia dome, and we know who had to put in the performance of a lifetime in that match to make it believeable.
    Any thoughts???

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,463 ✭✭✭shinzon

Vince is willing to give him a contract extension beyond march but at a price that Goldberg would have to give up rights to the name goldberg on a global scale, which basically means vince could trade on that name with merchandise etc etc, and thats something Goldberg is not prepared to do, its to lucrative a deal for him to sell the trademark to WWE

Hence well be saying bye bye to Goldberg in March, as for tripper due a break at the top, man whered ye get that out of, HHH can and will stay at the top forever if he so wishes, remember hes Paul Mcmahon now and anyone who tries to wrest his top spot away from him all he has to do is talk to Daddy in law and that would be the end of that

Shin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭Hanza

I dont think Goldberg should sign with Vinny Mac for 2 reasons. One being he should not give up the rights to us his name by the WWE in any way they see fit. WWE own the rights to Psychosis name, and he has never even worked for them. He had to change his name last year while working for XPW. All because he signed his name to WCW.

Secondly and most importantly. GOLDBERG IS SH1T! He is one of these premadonnas that causes backstage rifts, trouble with the stars and staff. He wants to be mr big shot 24/7.We already have, as u perfectly put shinzon "Paul McMahon", doing that and making ever one miserbale. I dont like Goldbergs politics, stiffness, matches, angle, ANYTHING...

Get him out of WWE Vince. Make us all proud for once...

Hanza

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,640 ✭✭✭Gillie

I think his match with Lesner will be good but i don't really care what happens to him after that.
    He's a three move wonder!

Totally unadulteredly second that notion man.

:D GO BACK TO JAPAN GOLDY-BITCH!

Hanza

• Registered Users Posts: 750 ✭✭✭Bungalow Bill

Goldberg vs Cena
    Goldberg vs Eddie
    Goldberg vs Benoit
    Goldberg vs taker
    Goldberg vs Angle

Why pass up the opportunity for all these feuds when they still have dipshi*s like hardcore holly and scott steiner and test and big show and chavo sr. all on the payroll. As far as I know he has been ok backstage recently.

• Advertisement

NO he hasnt!

For god sakes Bill. Go read a magazine written by an insider. Keep up to date with whats happening. Goldberg is our generations answer to the Ultimate warrior.

Hanza

Sory bout that but I did say 'as far as I know' which wasn't very far apparantly. But what about the rest of the post. Opinions?

Mabey your right. Sorry if I was in the wrong.

I cannot how ever see the fasination with goldberg. He is dangerous and unworthy of the rewards hes recieving...

Get him outta the WWE. Send him packing to Japan where Kenta Kobashi will kick his steriod ridden ass through his tick skull

Hanza

I suppose that it's the same that I can't see the fascination with Benoit, but each to their own I suppose.
    I just think that he is mega-over and is really intense and at one stage the most talked about man in the business.
    The Bret Hart thing was a disgrace though I will agree

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,030 ✭✭✭smiaras

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement

Would you rather he left though???
    He is certainly better than a lot of the 'talent' on the roster

Interesting comment about his character.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,821 ✭✭✭Skud

Originally posted by Hanza
    Goldberg is our generations answer to the Ultimate warrior.
    Yer but UW was way cooler. He could have given Hogan and Savage a run for the money and he did in his time. Shame really...

As for Goldberg... If he did some more moves then he'd be good. He's a speedy powerhouse that can do technical submissions apparently... sounds great on paper

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,654 ✭✭✭Nolimits

NO he hasnt!

For god sakes Bill. Go read a magazine written by an insider. Keep up to date with whats happening. Goldberg is our generations answer to the Ultimate warrior.

Hanza

Is insider magazines where you get your opinions from, or do you like whoever you like despite what your told by people in the know.

Make up your own mind, dont have anyone else tell you who to like.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 276 ✭✭Brian Houlihan

I don't think goldberg should sign again!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 559 ✭✭✭jongore

Bill is outa there and I for one will not miss him, give me Gurrero or Benoit anyday, at least the guys can wrestle. Some of the guys you mentioned (rvd, booker t , kane, jericho) are more deserving then Goldberg.

Gilly2003 called Goldberg a '3 move wonder' but I have to disagree, the spear and the jachammer are only 2!

Goldberg is asking for way to much money (he's overpaid as it is).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

Just in relation to that article, smiaras, that was from the time when Goldberg was still making money from his Time-Warner contract, and what he was saying was that he'd be stupid to give up that contract to join WWE. He saw that contract through to the end, and milked everything from it, money for nothing. So he joined WWE when he wasn't actually earning anything. The fact that he called them a company he doesn't respect is worth a bit of attention, but then again, opinions change, people move on. Maybe he did sell out, maybe he didn't. But I was glad to see him join.

Back to the main point, my feelings are that I would prefer to see him stay with WWE. Someone mentioned that his whole aura was ruined in WCW, but since I was not a regular viewer of WCW, I can't say that feeling would apply to me. I always just thought of him as a real intense guy. Let's face it, if you saw him out on the street, he'd look like he could beat your ass in a second, and you'd believe that more with him than the majority of WWE workers. And therein lies the basis behind his intensity. In my opinion, he is the most intense wrestler I have ever seen. I can understand that he isn't the best wrestler I've ever seen, but I don't mind a change from technical matches, or cruiserweight matches or whatever, if it means that one of the wrestlers is so damn intense. I don't think he's actually that bad either, his match psychology might be a bit non-existant, but stick him with some decent wrestlers, give him some decent storylines (which would probably be hard to come by, given the current state of the writing team), and I'm sure I'd enjoy his contribution to WWE as much as anyone elses. He can't contribute much in the technical or comedy aspects, but I think he can make up for that in other areas.

Simply put, I'd prefer to see Goldberg on my tv instead of some of the crap workers that I sometimes see. But I can understand if WWE isn't willing to pay him loads to stay.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,598 ✭✭✭ferdi

its so funny, you all talk about them as if they were real....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

Originally posted by ferdi
    its so funny, you all talk about them as if they were real....

Sorry? If I were to talk about wrestling as if it were real, I'd be posting stuff very different.... Something along the lines of "Goldberg wins all his matches and kicks everyone's ass, who cares if he only has 3 moves, he can whip guys around with those moves. Of course he should get a new deal, he's always winning"

On a sidenote, I doubt I'd even like wrestling if I thought it were real.

And on another sidenote, wrestling fans usually always talk about wrestling as if they know about the behind the scenes stuff (which they usually do), but fans of other "fake" things, ie. Simpsons, Friends, Lord of the Rings, etc. often talk about them as if they are real. You never see anyone complaining about that, do you?

Originally posted by jongore

Gilly2003 called Goldberg a '3 move wonder' but I have to disagree, the spear and the jachammer are only 2!
    (he's overpaid as it is).

I was counting his entrance as a move!:D :D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,718 ✭✭✭whosurpaddy

Originally posted by Gilly2003
    I was counting his entrance as a move!:D :D:D

he actually has 4 moves. he has that thing where he sticks his tounge out and yells, and also the move where he sits in the corner and waits to squash someones push (sorry i mean spear someone)

i agree with the opinion that i prefer seeing him on my screen than some midcard jobber, but i dont think wwe should break the bank to keep him, and in fairness there are a lot more deserving guys out there, so i wont be sorry to see him go. rest assured he will be back in a few years when hes not making money anywhere else, and wwe are in need of a quick main event fix.

i am glad we get to see him vs brock before he goes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,461 ✭✭✭NeroTheExtreme

No faker than the current BS excuse for a Pixies Reunion? After a 14 year split and the best they can do is supporting the Chili's who are another band way past their prime since blood sugar! COME ON! Take your whining elsewhere!

As for Goldberg: He's a three move wonder, there's that superkick as well that knocked Bret out of commission back in 1999!

Vince is more than happy to extend his contract but he's too busy arguing over money that he doesn't particularly need. I never saw the big deal with him, even when he was in WCW. Bischoff knew exactly what to do with him then, but they can hardly stick an undefeated streak on him now, can they? ;)

And people tend to forget that by 1991 came along, people were sick of the Warrior as well! He'd been in the main events for the best part of a year, stinking up the ring for the second half of those (his last decent match (in my honest opinion) in a main event was Summerslam 90 against Rude in the cage match). The novelty wore off and the company was bombing under him as the #1 seed.

Being honest, nobodys gonna miss him if his contract isn't renewed.
    Nero

Could be worse, he could try for XFL - The Sequel! :P
    Nero

"Being honest, nobodys gonna miss him if his contract isn't renewed."

Not true, he is hugely over at the moment and if he would bloody well appear on t.v to plug his match with brock it could steal the show!

I don't get it, before he came everyone was crying out for him to 'save the company' and once he did there was huge backlash, which he has since somewhat overcome?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,718 ✭✭✭whosurpaddy

i dont remember anyone thinking he would "save the company" tbh

How dare you say that to me no limits.
    Is insider magazines where you get your opinions from, or do you like whoever you like despite what your told by people in the know.

Make up your own mind, dont have anyone else tell you who to like.

I know what I like and i have said once, mentioning a magazine why I dont like goldbeg. You should open your ears, and most of the time shut your mouth.

Every opinion of yours ive ever read, ive disagreed with(example: Your views regarding Edge being the worlds champ), but i never personally insulted your intellegence. I dont think ive even mentioned your name before...

Dont start sh1t. Your only a newbie. I will not let anyone make these comments, accusations or insults towards me.

Hanza

• Advertisement

you told a guy to go read an insider magazine to know Goldberg is sh1t.

I dont care about the newbie stuff, my opinion is my opinion whether or not im on the board long. Im that particulary new ive been here reading the board since november i just dont comment much.

Aslo i never said i wanted Edge as world champ, (i dont think i even said he would win it just that HHH wants to feud with him (probably over it) but i might be wrong) i dont like Edge to be honest and i think Christian is the better of the two i always have. I was refering to reports from pwinsider among others after you had said it was set in stone he was gonna be re teaming with christian. I actually asked you were you saw this out of interest but you never replyed.

If there are anymore of my opinions that you would like to bring up and debate with then im all for it, after all this is why we are here.

Just cos I tell some one to read an insider magazine once, to get a little nessary info, does NOT mean I cant think for myself. I once said to some one, go watch Beyond the Mat if you think Mike Modest is only a jobber. Does that mean I also use video players to think for me aswell.... I think not!

And, I have always stressed my beliefs with justifiable logic produced by my own self to this day on this board. The comment wasnt even aimed at you, so dont bother butting in.

Hanza

why does he need any necessary info, if he likes Goldberg and enjoys his work why should you send him somewhere that will sour his interest on Goldberg. Had you of told him to go watch a few more of his matches and then he would realise he only has like three moves and doesnt sell well for his opponet then that would be fine. The tape his matches are on are unbiased. Where as you know that any insider mag that he reads will put down goldberg because its the writers opinion which is probably bad.

As for the Mike Modest thing, that again is diff ( although i dont really see what that will accomplish all that was really shown was him trainig some guys then not getting picked up after a tryout match tbh that wouldnt change my opinion if i thought he was a jobber). That again shows you something and allows oyu to make up your own mind not have someone elses opinion thrust upon you.

Ok point taken. Lets end this now. Lets forget it.

I just mentioned a insider magazine as a vital sourse of info. But I see where you are comming from.

I just dont like my intellegence being insulted, I do think for myself.

Whom ever that like whom ever, thats fine, i was expressing a point and attempting to back it up.

Anyway, lets not continue this, all the other guys will be compalining bout us posting all this neagative stuff.

Quits:)

Hanza

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

I just mentioned a insider magazine as a vital sourse of info. But I see where you are comming from.

I just dont like my intellegence being insulted, I do think for myself.

Whom ever that like whom ever, thats fine, i was expressing a point and attempting to back it up.

Anyway, lets not continue this, all the other guys will be compalining bout us posting all this neagative stuff.

Quits:)

Hanza

Whatever happened to basic literacy and grammar?

Originally posted by Bungalow Bill
    "Being honest, nobodys gonna miss him if his contract isn't renewed."

Not true, he is hugely over at the moment and if he would bloody well appear on t.v to plug his match with brock it could steal the show!

I don't get it, before he came everyone was crying out for him to 'save the company' and once he did there was huge backlash, which he has since somewhat overcome?

How can you say he's over? He's barely made a television appearance since Armageddon at the end of December?!

Nero

• Advertisement

"How can you say he's over?"

Because the crowd goes wild when he does make an appearance, I did make the point about him not appearing often enough which really annoys me.

"How can you say he's over?"

Because the crowd goes wild when he does make an appearance, I did make the point about him not appearing often enough which really annoys me.

Which is why he was booed out of the building on his WWE debut.
    Another thing as well, if you know someone who has the Backlash DVD, borrow it for the extras on it, the confidential specials on him. Take everything he has said in them back in April. He's completely contradicted himself now.

He's a money grabbing talentless sack of ****, he hasn't appeared on television in almost three months and hardly anyone has noticed. Doesn't that tell you anything? :)

Nero

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

Originally posted by smiaras
    Read his sig and all is revealed.

That it is.

"Which is why he was booed out of the building on his WWE debut"

I know this, but since then he's made a really good turnaround. Don't hold me to this but are you sure he's not appearing on t.v. because of legal reasons or something like that??? It wouldn't make sense to keep him off comin up to WM

• Advertisement

"Which is why he was booed out of the building on his WWE debut"

I know this, but since then he's made a really good turnaround. Don't hold me to this but are you sure he's not appearing on t.v. because of legal reasons or something like that??? It wouldn't make sense to keep him off comin up to WM

It's because he only has to work one more match before his contract ends, and guess when that is? ;)

Nero

All the same I'm still looking forward to that match!
    Should be good. Lesner is the key to it tho.
    But Goldie needs to learn to take a punch!:rolleyes:

Advertisement