Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MOCKS: English Paper II ???? (H.L)

Options
  • 28-02-2004 10:48am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 80 ✭✭

Hi all,

I did my (Higher Level) English paper 1 yesterday. It was the one on Umbrellas, Mobile phones and photos on Smoking. Sound Familiar???????

If you did mock papers from this company PPLLLLEEEEEAAASSSEEE let me know what's coming up on Paper II. I hav it on Monday but I've Physics the same day so I cant do enough study for both.

Please, Please, Please, Please,Please, Please,Please, Please, let me know what's coming up (Poetry, Macbeth etc.)

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭Funky

someone told me Kavanagh Hopkins and Mahon come up in poetry but they had Macbeth questions made by their teacher so i dunno any more bout that...
    Haven't a clue about the comparitive either

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,943 ✭✭✭Mutant_Fruit

If you want to get a good idea of whats coming up, make a little table of what has come up in each year so far, and then make a good guess as to who'se coming up.

I'm in the middle of making my table now, i'll come back with my educated guesses soon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 80 ✭✭.-=MR. JOE=-.

Good idea but surley LOADS of people hav had this paper already!
    Paper I and II would come from the same company. Anyone get the Paper I about umbrellas??

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

It's not a big deal Mr Joe. So what if you don't do as well as you could? Remember that you're only doing the LC for yourself. Getting a hold of what's coming up on a mock paper does nothing but cheat yourself. A little bit of hassle from your parents pales in comparison.

Yeah but I forgot to mension I've applied to UCAS and I've been contacted by Jordanstown, they say they've a few applicants about even level and not enough places left so they'll be using Mock results to differenciate between them.
    I think this is a bollocks because some teachers give their classes BIG hints and not all our tests will be the same.

I understand where you're coming from though and I'd usually be of the same opinion.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,804 ✭✭✭Xcellor

Poor sod. Hated LC. Big loada crap that is to focused on performance on one day. Continuous assesment that's the way to go. Give 20 exams through the year and take the best 15 or something like that...

English is easy ;P

Xcellor

• Registered Users Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭daveyjoe

Originally posted by Funky
    someone told me Kavanagh Hopkins and Mahon come up in poetry but they had Macbeth questions made by their teacher so i dunno any more bout that...
    Haven't a clue about the comparitive either
    Yeah, it was those three poets and emily dickinson, the comparative was Genre and Theme or Issue, I can't seem to remember what the Macbeth question was. I did it two weeks ago, so I can't really remember, Kingship maybe?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

i did mine a couple of days ago...

i had for my macbeth question "banquo is morally ambiguous"
    and dickenson, mahon, kavanagh and worthsworth came up on the poems....

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 121 ✭✭irishpal25

i had for my macbeth question "banquo is morally ambiguous"

What was on your paper one?

Yeah, I think there are two papers (at least).

My paper one was...
    Text 1: about umbrellas
    Text2: letter to mobile phone
    Text 3: photos of people smoking

Did anyone else get the same paper 1. If you what is on the paper two from THAT company?

Could anyone scan in the paper and post it up??

I appreciate the help you guys, time's getting short though.:confused:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 26 jackwalli

So has anybody done English Paper Two, the single text question on Silas Marner? Any hints as to what came up?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭snickerpuss

The two questions on silas marner on the paper i got were -

"There is no character in the novel silas marner without fault"
    Do you agree with this view? Refer to the text

and

"The novel silas marner presents the reader with two very different pictures of religion, Lantern Yard and Raveloe, and the reader is left in no doubt about which is the better".
    Write a response, refer to the text.

Thats totally meaningless to me since i done Macbeth but oh well!

what question did you get in Macbeth?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭snickerpuss

someone else already said it up there and i got the same as them.
    Kingship and Banquo being morally ambiguous

Oh, that's the other PAPER II.

Anyone get a different Macbeth question?

So does anybody have any tips on the poetry questions on the english paper two with the macbeth question on kingship/silas marner question on religion?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,825 ✭✭✭Healio

i got the kingship paper but my mate got the other paper which was loyalty and betrayal.

on another related matter can anyone tell me what morallly ambigious means???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 boop

If your paper 2 Macbeth question was about kingship then Dickinson and Kavanagh will come up in the poetry section.

Damn, the only poets i "studied" were Dickinson and Mahon, and when i say "studied" i only got a chance to read over the poems a few times, dont know many quotes or analysis or anything. Im so screwed...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 boop

I'm not sure if Mahon came up. The exam went so badly I think I must've wiped if from my mind or something :P I did the question on Kavanagh anyway,it was discuss the quote "An autobiography in the form of poetry"

• Advertisement

dickinson question: why does the poetry of emily dickinson appeal to young people of today?

Fugging. Hell. I'm screwed. So screwed.

ah your not that screwed just bull **** like youth of today can relate to her because..............................
    in i taste a liquor she is drunk with happiness jus like when young people have their first true love. you know jus a bit of bull**** can get you a long way in these tests.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

on another related matter can anyone tell me what morallly ambigious means??? [/B][/QUOTE]

morally ambiguous means that banquo is good but has bad thoughts inside....

the mahon poetry question was something like "mahons poetry is appealin because it deals with human experiences (or relations im not sure)"

if you feel you really dont know how to answer questions go out to eason's and buy the complete guide to leavingcert english its a blue book it covers everyting and really explains the poetry well.

morally ambiguous means that banquo is good but has bad thoughts inside....

ah well at least i know now jus aswell i learned kingship.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,165 ✭✭✭DEmeant0r

does anyone know the exact wording for the kingship question?

The role of kingship is central to the play of Macbeth. Discuss

• Registered Users Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭daveyjoe

What comes up in Irish Paper 2 (Ord. Level)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,714 ✭✭✭conZ

Originally posted by Healio
    The role of kingship is central to the play of Macbeth. Discuss

Might be worth bringing this into the exam :)

Also, http://www.literatureclassics.com/essays/409/

(kingship mentioned like, 5 times!) http://www.essaydepot.com/essayme/1292/index.php

I give up.
    http://www.123student.com/shakespeare/

Advertisement