Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Halo LAN Games

Options
  • 28-02-2004 2:40pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 44

Anyone got any views on the superb Halo and any suggestions for some kick ass multiplayer games for around 8 people over a System Link cable connectiong two xboxes together.

got a game going a couple of days ago with eight bloody good players (including myself if i might add) and we had an absolutely brilliant session.
    Blood Gulch or Battle Creek with only Human Weapons
    capture the flag with only one flag so it switches base every 10 mins therefore making the attacking team defenders and visa versa.
    everyones health to 150% and no radar to allow for some sneaky maneuvers.
    if its in blood gulch, put on all the vehicles for all out mayhem (but you'll have to increase everyones health to about 300%). otherwise i prefer just the warthogs.

so far its the best gaming experience ive ever had.
    a good way to spend eight hours or so.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

I set a few lads in my course up with a switch and some cables for their 8 XBoxen over the weekend.
    Haven't heard back from them yet, but I might covicne one of em to post up the stories here.

My own opinion:
    A good game of Battlefield over a LAN kicks the bloody piss out of Halo :)

And "System Link" cable is only a fancy marketing term :)
    It's really called CAT5

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,266 ✭✭✭Rnger

Originally posted by SyxPak
    And "System Link" cable is only a fancy marketing term :)
    It's really called CAT5

a mate of mine spent 50 euro on one of them :(

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,710 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Been there ,done that with 8 guys .
    Was fun while it lasted but it didnt last long we all went back to pur PC s and online gaming.
    Im the only one with an xbox left out of the eight and i use it for DVD player .

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

Originally posted by Rnger
    a mate of mine spent 50 euro on one of them :(

HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHA!

~€2 for the metre or 3 of CAT5e cable, ~20c each for the heads, €10-20 for the crimpers and 5 mins putting it together - and you still have the tool left over!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

Originally posted by SyxPak
    and you still have the tool left over!
    I always do ;)

The 50 euro cable is such a scam

• Advertisement
Advertisement