Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Car Hire Question

Options
  • 28-02-2004 3:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 88 ✭✭

Last week I booked the hire of a car for 3 weeks with Hertz in France during the summer at what I thought was a very good price of just over €600 , received confirmation email , and also received voucher in the post confirming the car hire and cost and my Visa card has had the amount debited from my account, went back into the hertz website last night and I now find the cost for the same car for the same time as risen to over €900, was I just lucky or can I expect another bill from Hertz.
    Anyone in the business advise?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Originally posted by Hashbrown
    Last week I booked the hire of a car for 3 weeks with Hertz in France during the summer at what I thought was a very good price of just over €600 , received confirmation email , and also received voucher in the post confirming the car hire and cost and my Visa card has had the amount debited from my account, went back into the hertz website last night and I now find the cost for the same car for the same time as risen to over €900, was I just lucky or can I expect another bill from Hertz.
    Anyone in the business advise?

You are in the clear. They have sent you out the voucher and debited your card. That constitutes a binding contract between you and hertz.

They can't charge you any more.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,388 ✭✭✭✭Victor

It may not actually be the same car, they are simply charging for a "free upgrade" because they have none of that class of vehicle left or alternatively a bit like when Ryanair charge high fares for the last few seats on a plane.

Advertisement