Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

17" CRT 88 euro

• 28-02-2004 3:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 35

I got a 2 of those 17" grade monitors again from here . I knnow a fee of ye were on the look out for them like myself.

They are perfect still have plastic around them, no manual and box is a bit tatty but other than that they are perfect.

Comments

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

That's a good price. Were teh monitors branded? Pity there wasn't a few 19 inchers!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 End_Item

byte, the ones I got before were "sampo" and "Compaq" monitors, these ones are not branded at all, they seem to be OEM or something like that. I did buy a 21" and a 19" off them before also. They were both DELL monitors, 150 and a 180 euro I think I paid. They were trinitron also.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,894 ✭✭✭Mr. Fancypants

Maybe i'm being a little over suspicous but a lot of your posts , End_Item, appear to be praising this DTL crowd. Is there any chance you work for/own this place?

byte

Ooh, I wouldn't mind a cheap 19 or 21 incher Trinitron! I'd better keep an eye on that site from time to time to see if they reappear! Thanks for the info. Don't think I'd take a risk on nonbranded stuff, unless I knew who made the tube or chassis.

mboarder, I don't work for them. i have bought a good bit of gear off of them and find them good to deal with, thats all!! I think in future I might not say anything at all.

Bytes, when you say you wouldn't buy unbranded monitors, how would you find out who made the tubes ??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,894 ✭✭✭Mr. Fancypants

Sorry End_Item, It is just that Boards has had a history of people getting free advertising by posting about how great such and such a website/service is so that i get naturally suspicous when i see a user where 50% of their posts (in your case) are about the one place. Apologies if you arent, but im sure you can understand why i asked. :)

(Hopefully this post made sense, its way to early on Sunday to be trying to think.)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,143 ✭✭✭spongebob

End_Item , point us towards someone else in Ireland who does Bargains, ANY kind of Bargains .... by way of proving mbroaders wrong :D

The mods hate pimping .....honestly they do.

TIA

M

I'm going to keep my finding to myself in future....... Don't like the way I am on "trial" here.

byte

Originally posted by End_Item
    Bytes, when you say you wouldn't buy unbranded monitors, how would you find out who made the tubes ??

By pulling the back off the monitor! :D Or Googling a bit! I'd be more concerned on the chassis than the tube but the tube is also very important.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Originally posted by End_Item
    I'm going to keep my finding to myself in future....... Don't like the way I am on "trial" here.
    Fair enough, your call. It wasn't a trial, just a question as far as I can see.

I have to confess I thought the same as mbroaders a while back but thought I'd lay off a while (partly because diplomatic asking of such a question is sometimes beyond me but he's been rather polite about it IMHO) before raising the naughty shadow of the possibility of pimpage.

• Advertisement

Fair enough, I see where you are coming from, as i said I'll just keep my findings to myself. It's not worth the hassel.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Mercury_Tilt

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭hussey

*Edit - for some reason I thought this was the for sale board

stupid me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭weichen

Any Left? I will take one,PM me your Detail Can collect it within this week

Advertisement