Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Debate: Oasis or The Darkness

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 750 ✭✭✭Bungalow Bill

If there is anything I said you need me to back up then I will do so. Apologies for the Metallica claim, twas a mistake. Apart from that anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭Töpher

Originally posted by isthisit
    i was simply expressing an opinion and stating the obvious.

So how come we're not allowed say it about Oasis without certain muppets getting all upset?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭isthisit

So how come we're not allowed say it about Oasis without certain muppets getting all upset?

because as i have said before.oasis have proves themselves as a great band and slayer are just rubbish.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

Ive never heard any Slayer stuff, what genre are they, rock mentally type stuff, as this initial thread goes, Yes Oasis are better than The Darkness, but if someone likes listening to Slayer or whatever theres no need to piss on there band :)

that said, someone throwing curveballs like "Slayer are better than Oasis" should at least back it up

because as i have said before.oasis have proves themselves as a great band and slayer are just rubbish.

Yet if I was to say Slayer have proved themselves as a great band and Oasis are just rubbish without giving any reasoning at all you'd be up in arms demanding I explain my actions. You are a hypocrite. A know-nothing. You sir, are an idiot and have literally just voided any comment you have made to this thread with that display of utter arrogance. Round of applause to you sir.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭honru

From dictionary.com;
    o·pin·ion
    n.
    A belief or conclusion held with confidence but not substantiated by positive knowledge or proof.

You favouritist moron. This thread had absolutely nothing going for it.

Not gonna defend yourself eh? Shame.

i will defend myself by asking you would you kindly read my previous posts.im wont wast my time writing it all again.i have given my reasons why oasis were and are such a great band and unfortunately none of what i have said about oasis applys to slayer-which makes them sh*t.why dont you give me some reasons why they're good?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,264 ✭✭✭RicardoSmith

i will defend myself by asking you would you kindly read my previous posts.im wont wast my time writing it all again.i have given my reasons why oasis were and are such a great band and unfortunately none of what i have said about oasis applys to slayer-which makes them sh*t.why dont you give me some reasons why they're good?

Because they are not a Beatles cover band? :D

Aren't the Darkness a Spinal tap cover band?

• Advertisement

....oasis have proven themselves as a great rock 'n' roll band with some of the best albums ever and are still one of the best bands in the world...

Pity no one in the US has heard of them then.

Originally posted by RicardoSmith
    Because they are not a Beatles cover band? :D

I really hope your taking the p1ss!
    I think we have completely disproved THAT anyway

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,848 ✭✭✭✭Doctor J

We have?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

godgivenright.jpg

Originally posted by Bungalow Bill
    I really hope your taking the p1ss!
    I think we have completely disproved THAT anyway

Sorry the're not as good as Beatle cover band who at least would have more than one song.

Ah right, so the ONLY bands you like follow the same rules as Oasis? Interesting taste you must have there. You have not given ANY reason as to why "Slayer are shít", so it is just random stabbing in the dark, which other people on this thread have been put down for (in regards to Oasis of course, cuz they're clearly the only band that matter). Yes I have read all your previous posts, yet not one mentions a reason as to Slayers shítness, all you seem to focus on is the idea that Oasis are the best band in the world, and if any band doesn't do things the same way as Oasis they can be classed as hít.
    This thread wasn't started about Slayer anyways, so I won't delve into reasons for their greatness, I am just happily pointing out that you are a hypocritical moron. If I was to just say now for no reason "Oasis are ****" you'd be giving out about how I gave no reasons and suck. So are you going to give reasons, or happy to come across as a complete mong?

Besides where are Oasis anyway, I haven't heard squat about them for a year or two...its been great. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 181 ✭✭The Phenom

Besides where are Oasis anyway, I haven't heard squat about them for a year or two...its been great.

They have been away making a new album.
    Sorry the're not as good as Beatle cover band who at least would have more than one song

Have more than one song are you crazy or something Oasis have had many hit songs eg. Wonderwall, Don't Look Back In Anger, Morning Glory, Live Forever and many more. If you had read the other posts you would have seen this.

Einstürzende

oasis are the best band in the world. and i notice that in your comments me being a hypocrite you have not given a reason why slayer are good, why oasis arent or any quotes from where i said something that is the opposite of something else i said. your argument has no foundation at all-you have not shown any evidence to what you have said.

this thread is not about slayer.lets get back to the issue at hand,

• Advertisement

Originally posted by The Phenom
    They have been away making a new album.

Have more than one song are you crazy or something Oasis have had many hit songs eg. Wonderwall, Don't Look Back In Anger, Morning Glory, Live Forever and many more. If you had read the other posts you would have seen this.

New album.......NOoooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

All those songs sound the same to me.

How many top 10 hits have they had in the states?
    How many top 10 albums had they had in the states?
    How many no1's had they had in the states?

Originally posted by RicardoSmith
    New album.......NOoooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

All those songs sound the same to me.

How many top 10 hits have they had in the states?
    How many top 10 albums had they had in the states?
    How many no1's had they had in the states?

If they all sound the same to you I suggest you remove your head from you as$.
    They ARE different. FACT.

You're saying U.S audiences are more intelligent than European??

The Stone Roses never made it in the U.S. Do they suck?

However Linkin Park have made it in the U.K. Are they great?

If they all sound the same to you I suggest you remove your head from you as$.
    They ARE different. FACT.

You're saying U.S audiences are more intelligent than European??

The Stone Roses never made it in the U.S. Do they suck?

However Linkin Park have made it in the U.K. Are they great?

How come no one can prove Oasis are the greatest band by any facts. But instead have to resort to personal insults? Thats not going to convince anyone. But it is the kinda of trash talking that Oasis are famous for. But Surely the "greatest band in the world" would have to conquer the USA? The worlds biggest market?

http://www.rollingstone.com/features/coverstory/featuregen.asp?pid=2164

Sorry who?

Whats intelligence got to do with it? What have Stone Roses or Linkin Park got to do with it? You can prove Oasis aren't the greatest band in the world by just checking out their stats. What more do you need?

Their debut LP, Definitely Maybe was the fastest-selling debut LP in Britain's history.

Some might say -Number 1
    Whatever- Number 3
    (What's The Story) Morning Glory topped the UK Albums charts for 10 weeks.
    It has sold 22million copies in total.

Wonderwall- Number 2
    Roll with it-Number 2
    Don't look back in anger- Number 1

Oasis topped the Billboard Modern Rock Tracks for 5 weeks with "Champagne Supernova."

"D'You Know What I Mean" - Number 1
    Stand by me - Number 2
    All around the world- Number 1

Be here now becomes fastest selling album EVER in Britain with 700,000 copies in one day.

Readers of Rolling Stone named Be Here Now Best Album of the Year.

Go let it out- number 1
    Who feels love, sunday morning call-Number 4

The hindu times- Number 1
    Stop crying your heart out- Number 2
    Little by little -Number 2
    Songbird- Number 3
    What's the story and Be here now peak on the billboard charts at 4 and 2 respectively.

Oasis' last 16 singles in the U.K have been in the Top 10

Definitely maybe, Whats the story, Be here Now,Standing on the shoulders....and Heathen Chemistry all have gone to Number 1.

Oasis' B-sides album The Masterplan went to number 2
    Oasis Live album Familiar to Millions went to number 5

Eh....it was facts you wanted.

Eh....it was facts you wanted.

If any of them had been US stats they would have been. All you're proving is that they are popular in the UK only. Hardly qualifies them for the greatest band in the world. I still say ever song they do sounds the same. They just drone on and on.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭honru

oasis are the best band in the world. and i notice that in your comments me being a hypocrite you have not given a reason why slayer are good, why oasis arent or any quotes from where i said something that is the opposite of something else i said. your argument has no foundation at all-you have not shown any evidence to what you have said.

That's because his argument isn't about Oasis, nor The Darkness, or Slayer, but really just to prove what a moron you are. Haven't you noticed that yet?

I'm still waiting patiently for YOU to give the reason why "Slayer are shít". Then maybe the slightest areas in your "Oasis r great" posts may have the tiniest lick of merit.

Originally posted by f®eak s©enery
    That's because his argument isn't about Oasis, nor The Darkness, or Slayer, but really just to prove what a moron you are. Haven't you noticed that yet?

I'm still waiting patiently for YOU to give the reason why "Slayer are shít". Then maybe the slightest areas in your "Oasis r great" posts may have the tiniest lick of merit.

Dunno why you edited your Post ? Theres no need for personal insults. That not clever. In fact the mod should close the thread if people don't have enough self control not to do it.

You said that all music is subjective. Which means that some one saying they don't like a band is as valid as saying you like a band. Whats not valid is saying a band are crap or no good since neither of those things have any meaning. In fact there are no measurable metrics for music.

So basically this whole thread is meaningless. You might as well post I'm great and everyone else isn't or Blue is a better colour than Red. It would make as much sense.

As the facts proved Oasis are one of the most successful bands of all time. They have been quite consistent in their success also.
    Oasis were all set to conquer the U.S. They had won a heapload of MTV awards and had sold 4million copies of Whats the story... They were about to embark on an American tour but they were forced to cancel as the band almost broke up.
    This was their big shot. The incident got huge publicity in America ans the Americans were pretty pissed off.

IF their great songs all sound the same to you, then all I can say is that you haven't got an open mind and refuse to listen to them properly. THe fact is, THEY ARE DIFFERENT.

And ricardosmith those facts are VERY impressive. Run off and find me a band with stats as good as that that aren't great.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

Actually ... here's some fly in the ointment for all you oasis fans .....

the artist(s) who've shifted the biggest number of total albums (ie. the biggest selling band) in history are actually ....

Led Zeppelin.

How do you like THEM apples :D

Furthermore a quick google brought up this and interestingly enough, the "Oasis the greatest band in history" aren't even featured. Neither are the Darkness, but then again the Darkness have had one album so far.

God damn this just gets more and more amusing

• Advertisement

Originally posted by Lemming
    Actually ... here's some fly in the ointment for all you oasis fans .....

the artist(s) who've shifted the biggest number of total albums (ie. the biggest selling band) in history are actually ....

Led Zeppelin.

How do you like THEM apples :D

Furthermore a quick google brought up this and interestingly enough, the "Oasis the greatest band in history" aren't even featured. Neither are the Darkness, but then again the Darkness have had one album so far.

God damn this just gets more and more amusing

First of all I only ever said they were a great band,not the greatest band ever and I stick by it.

And, I hate to spoil your party, but we know Oasis haven't sold the most albums ever, and we never said they did. I simply showed that they have an extremely impressive record.

And there must be a problem with your link, or maybe it's only american or something because Oasis have sold 22mill of Whats the story..

Advertisement