Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Fulham vs Man Utd "SCORES!"

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,064 ✭✭✭BKtje

I dunno, i have faith in Wes Brown in the long run. He was better agaisnt Fulham. A few good games will get his confidence up and after that it will be more plain sailing. We all know he is a very good defender when hes playing well.

Being realistic, bar some amazing turn around the Premiership is Arsenals. I can admit that and tbh they deserve it atm. I just hope Man u can get some run goign in the CL and FA cup. While the Fa cup is 3rd choice id still like to win it. Some silverware is better than nought. Still dont write em outta the Champions League tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 811 ✭✭✭Ronaldo7

Na, its Arsenals to give away. Thats all there is to it. I aint writing utd off or anything but its tough for them to win anything when they have such a ****e back four at the moment. This summer we need 2 top top centre backs. We really do.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Originally posted by Ronaldo7
    This summer we need 2 top top centre backs. We really do.
    I disagree. Man Utd should sign 1 flexible defender who can deputise in the centre of defence when necessary, and play as a fullback. From the looks of it this season, the positions of LB and RB is where they can improve most in defence. They've got 3/4 CBs as it is, the problem is that with the loss of 1 or 2 of them the others have played poorly. When Silvestre & Rio were playing they were very solid.

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭Brian O'Leary

Lads.Look,Alex's main aim is to build a squad for the future .Now,look at this for a squad for the future.

Howard
    Brown Rio Silvestre O'Shea
    Fletcher Miller Kleberson Ronaldo
    RVN Saha

Subs:Carrol
    Djemba
    Forlan
    Bellion
    Richardson
    And not to mention that Chinese guy!!So if you compare this team to arsenals team of the future which is better?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭jank

So if you compare this team to arsenals team of the future which is better?

eh arsenal!?

Originally posted by Brian O'Leary
    Lads.Look,Alex's main aim is to build a squad for the future .Now,look at this for a squad for the future.

Howard
    RVN Saha

Djemba
    Forlan
    Bellion
    Richardson
    And not to mention that Chinese guy!!So if you compare this team to arsenals team of the future which is better?
    I don't understand why Ferguson can't gradually build a team for the future while integrating it with the current side. People keep talking like re-building a team all at once is normal... it isn't.

And O'Leary, when exactly is "the future"? 3 years? 6 years? Not everyone in your wonderful lineup there is exactly a spring chicken.

Incidently the Arsenal players i'd consider 'young' and possibly ones for the future are: Cole, Clichy, Toure, Reyes, Aliadiere, Smith, Bentley, Fabregas, Senderos, Pennant, Stack, Taylor, Hoyte, Owuse-Abeyie. If the team you listed above consists of what you consider 'young' players are, then include Ljungberg, Lauren, Edu, Henry, Gilberto. Unfortunately Vieira fails to qualify for your definition by about 2 weeks!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

Every team is always building for the future, but the now is slighlty more important :)

I don't see how Chelsea has any more chance than United of catching Arsenal, both teams are on indentical points and both need a miracle :)

Porto game is gona be tough, I can see it being 2-1 and going to penos. Once Porto is over, and Keano shouldn't be banned for more than 1 match, with Slyvestre and Neville availible , I can see united doing fairly well.

It'd be a

Neville - Neville - Sylvestre - O Shea

Which isn't great or terrible, then United will have keano attacking and be able to score as many goals as possible :)

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭Brian O'Leary

OK but United aren't goin to stop buying now.They are also trying to buy Arjen Robben,class player.And what about Utd's under 19 squad who won the under 19 championship last year and who Ferguson believes will be beter than the last home grown players ie Scholes,Giggs etc.And I believe him.We are goin to be class!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,951 ✭✭✭✭Villain

OK but United aren't goin to stop buying now.They are also trying to buy Arjen Robben,class player.And what about Utd's under 19 squad who won the under 19 championship last year and who Ferguson believes will be beter than the last home grown players ie Scholes,Giggs etc.And I believe him.We are goin to be class!!!

No harm in Dreams!;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

Howard
    RVN Saha

Djemba
    Forlan
    Bellion
    Richardson

They'll be winning fuck all with that team. Brown, Fletcher, Kleberson, Miller - not good enough for first team at United if they want to win consistently. As for the subs, none of them are good enough.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

Originally posted by TwoShedsJackson
    They'll be winning fuck all with that team. Brown, Fletcher, Kleberson, Miller - not good enough for first team at United if they want to win consistently. As for the subs, none of them are good enough.

I believe all four could become first team regulars. Brown was excellent before his injury and he obviously had ability so hopefully his for will improve in time. Fletcher is highly rated at united as a central midfielder he is young and in time will be a first team regular. Klebeson is holding his international place in the Brazilian side and I expect he will make United first team next season . Miller Hasn't arrived yet but he was very impressive with Celtic this year and i have no doubt he has a successful career ahead of him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,951 ✭✭✭✭Villain

[BThey are also trying to buy Arjen Robben,class player.[/B]

Looks like Chelsea have got there before yea!
    http://www.chelseafc.com/article.asp?id=188828

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,467 ✭✭✭smemon

Originally posted by TwoShedsJackson

i disagree with kleberson and certainly miller. Brown can be average at times but is a decent defender when at his best. fletcher i agree, i have no time for, waste of space if you ask me, far too flimsy and lightweight. he's had more than enough games to tell me he's not a utd player. rarely impressess me and needs to be loaned out asap to develope, far too raw.

kleberson comes from a very different style of football and will need time to settle, no doubt he's talent though as we've seen with brazil in the wc.

Miller looks a class act, no way he can be called average. talk about an all round midfielder, he is it. i'd put him ahead of butt, djemba, phil neville and kleberson at the minute. every game he performs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,030 ✭✭✭smiaras

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 450 ✭✭James R

Not to mention the £8.5 million "bargain" Gio Van Bronkhorst :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭Pacifico

TBH Henry vieira berkamp cancel them all out:D

oi, Franny is a legend, he... uh.... ran around lots at OT in the cup last season, and uh... did i mention he ran lots? :)

Pennant doesn't warrant a place on the all-time great flops list just yet, he might still have a part to play.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 450 ✭✭James R

Originally posted by kaids

Pennant doesn't warrant a place on the all-time great flops list just yet, he might still have a part to play.

I think you just summed up why Man U fans think Arsenal fans talk a load of crap. I'm only pointing this out by the way I'm not having a go but it fascinates me how an Arsenal fan can say something like that when Pennant has been at the club for years, yet write off players like Djemba Djemba, Ronaldo and Kleberson who have been at the club 6 months and don't even speak the bloody language yet.

Just my two cents :)

Originally posted by James R
    I think you just summed up why Man U fans think Arsenal fans talk a load of crap. I'm only pointing this out by the way I'm not having a go but it fascinates me how an Arsenal fan can say something like that when Pennant has been at the club for years, yet write off players like Djemba Djemba, Ronaldo and Kleberson who have been at the club 6 months and don't even speak the bloody language yet.

Just my two cents :)
    When did I write off Djemba Djemba, Ronaldo and Kleberson? Ronaldo looks he'll develop into a very very good player (if he lays off the stepovers :p), haven't seen enough of Djemba-Djemba and Kleberson.

Generalisations are bad, mmkay.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭Pacifico

TBH Ronaldo was outstanding against fulham. Despite the result.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 316 ✭✭Michelangelo

Oh my God, would you look through this thread? The managers saying who should be loaned out "ASAP". LOL don't make me laugh.

One thing I really can not grasp, is why there are so many people going on about Kleberson/Ronaldo/Djemba/Bellion and EVEN Miller who is not even in a red shirt yet and how they have no future. I mean, whats the story? Enough with the bull!

I think the only player I have not heard being criticised is Tim Howard.

Advertisement