Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fav Irish food/snacks

• 28-02-2004 6:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20

As I live over in Holland, and seeing I'm coming to Ireland next week....I shall be eating:

-mighty munch (from Tayto, the walkers ones are crap)
    -loop-o-loop ice lolly (ok I know it's winter so?:rolleyes:
    -chip sticks, hula hoops
    -kimberley choc biscuits:p
    -Oh of course also my fav soda: TANORA (is it true you only get this in Cork? Heard something like that before...
    -And prob loads more of rubbish(;)) that I can't think of at the mo

Does anyone know why does sherbet's were taken off the market (well I presume they are as I couldn't get them anywhere last time:mad:)---> you know the ones in the yellow pakkage and orange writing and the liquorish stick sticking out.

Ever so interesting post....But hey ya gotta think of something when you're bored I guess....

Anyone else agree on these goodies......?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 528 ✭✭✭Chucky

Yaa I miss those sherbert things alright....and i have NO idea why they aren't in the market anymore.

I don't get it though.........are you just coming to Ireland to engrosse yourself in junk food?

I'd give the mighty munch up though. I used to go through 6 packets every Saturday when I was little and it did my bowels no good at all

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,529 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

Tayto - Cheese and Onion

and of course...... DairyGold...
    But you probably have that in Holland too...
    :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

mighty munch (from Tayto, the walkers ones are crap)

No way, ever since tayto changed their recipe when walkers entered the market, mighty munch have been terrible and no shop seems to sell Monster Munch any more. I was in Leeds before christmas and I came home with 10 bags of Monster Munch. The recipe for those was much spicier (mmm!!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 sheleentje

Originally posted by Chucky

I don't get it though.........are you just coming to Ireland to engrosse yourself in junk food?

Heehee does sound like that doesn't it? :p
    No I'm actually coming over for a WEDDING! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,457 ✭✭✭Blisterman

the amount of junk food I brought back from America last year. it was great.

• Advertisement

Like what kind of junk food? I'm heading over to NY soon. Give me a sample of what sweets are to be found

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,077 ✭✭✭parasite

Originally posted by dudara

No way, ever since tayto changed their recipe when walkers entered the market, mighty munch have been terrible and no shop seems to sell Monster Munch any more. I was in Leeds before christmas and I came home with 10 bags of Monster Munch. The recipe for those was much spicier (mmm!!)

tayto seemed to have reverted to the old recipe, as far as i can tell, mmm

And I'm back!

Sitting here eating a fizzy Kola lolly (found these along with the refreshers sweeties in Cork @ the English Market)

Bought 2x multipack mighty munch &
    2x multipack chipsticks
    Tanora
    fruit pastiles, polo's, time-out, twirl, Aero and oh of course the famous loop-the loops

Did I overdo it? :dunno: NAhhh

Oh yes, did I forget to tell you about the delicious Pavlova I enjoyed at Szooi's?
    Thumbs up for them
    :)

Jesus man...you're like my idol!

I find it hard to eat that stuff though ever since I started training 3 years ago.

but fair play to ya. Eat the lot and enjoy it :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement