Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What's more annoying than people on mobile phones?

• 04-03-2001 5:24pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,660 ✭✭✭

Kids with mobile phones! mad.gif

Every short-arsed spoilt little **** in town seems to have gotten one for Christmas and they are so ****ing annoying! Apart from the fact that they always have the most annoying ring tones set to the highest volumes they seem to delight in playing every ****ing ring tone for everyone they meet! Marvel also at the following highly intelligent conversations and the masterful use of technology in the most dire of needs :

"Mammy, do you want sauce on your burger?"

Apart from the fact that the answer is probably yes, is it really worth getting cancer in your head to find out? The future receipient of the longest Darwin award ever.

"We're leaving the chip shop now."

This before running out to a waiting car for a 30 second drive home. What possible reason could there have been for this call? 'We'll be home in a minute.' Couldn't they wait just a ****ing minute and just walk in the ****ing door? Was there someone literaly starving to death at home or something? (hold on just one minute more - we're almost there!)

"Where are you?"

You're eight! Everybody you know lives within a two minute walk! Stand up on your ****ing toes and you'll see them! In this case the person they were calling walked in the door while answering the question.

After the phone rang once then stopped : "Why did you hang up?"

'BECAUSE I DIDN'T WANT TO TALK TO YOU, YOU ****ING MORON!' Maybe they finally realised that they're eight and couldn't possibly have anything so urgent to say, that it warrants having a mobile in order to say it right away!

And another thing - they seem to walk even slower when they're talking on them. If you've ever been dumb enough to be in a hurry when all the little *******s get out of school you'll know that 'walking slower' means practically stopping. I say - instead of walking slowly and getting in everybody's way wait a ****ing while and walk quickly!

I need more sleep frown.gif

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 725 ✭✭✭pat kenny

What an angry man you are smile.gif
    Most kids don't need a phone in the first place and yet at christmas I see kids upgradeding their phones to new wap phones.
    I think my C25 will do me for a while longer.
    P.S. is it more dagerous to use a mobile with a sorta exposed arial?I can see a sorta metal coil when I took the small lid of my arial and now I lost the lid and I'v started to chew away bits of the plastic.

I like stories.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

the Nokia 5110 is the best phone for the least ammount of radation expoised
    phones with internal arials are dangerious

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,523 ✭✭✭✭Victor

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Blitzkrieger:
    Topic: What's more annoying than people on mobile phones?
    Kids with mobile phones! mad.gif
    </font>

Deaf CS ******s wearing headphones in internet cafes shouting instructions / compliments / insults at each other?

[cue Homer Simpson voice] Hmmm, pigeons.

[This message has been edited by Victor (edited 08-03-2001).]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,307 ✭✭✭richindub2

Pat - i'd say eating you arial is never healthy smile.gif

I dunno, i just find it annoying when people have bright alluminous phones with really loud ghey ring tones (ie. barbie girl *shudder*), they seem more like fashion accessories than phones....

UP DA DUBS!! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭Panda

Blitzkrieger is right, WTF do these little sheets have phones for?

They barely have enough friends to count on their fingers,(assuming they can count) and they have a mobile Fupping phone?

Personally i think its the parents that are the bigger idiots for buying them the funking phone on the first place.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,972 ✭✭✭SheroN

Ya should have to be over 16 to own a mobile fone i think.....

If i here that ****ing stan ring tone one more time....or zombie nation......and is there anyway i can uninstall snake from my fone to stop people asking to play it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

I hate the DORT type accents on mobile phones - 'oh yah mon, we're going to meet down the pub for some points of Heino later - yah the pub ofter the rindabite.'

VVankers smile.gif

[This message has been edited by Castor Troy (edited 05-03-2001).]

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

You can't deny that Cell phones are an integral part of society!

Kids under 16 should not have them - they don't need them (well said Sharon wink.gif).

Anyway, I've got the least annoying ring I can have for standard calls and a different ring for when a member of my family rings me.
    However, I usually keep my phone on silent as it has vibration and therefore I don't wreck peoples heads too much.

The only real reason I have one is because my first job out of college had me on support, but wouldn't buy me a phone and so after the third time my mother was woken because of our land line ringing after 2am, I said I'd best get one. Also, as I live away from home it makes sense.

There's only 3 of us in the family and we all have a mobile and to be honest, we all use them over land lines as it's cheaper to ring mobile to mobile.

All the best,

Dav
    @B^)
    <font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Prepare yourself - The Beefy King stirs from his slumber...</font>

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,518 ✭✭✭Hecate

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">
    I hate the DORT type accents on mobile phones - 'oh yah mon, we're going to meet down the pub for some points of Heino later - yah the pub ofter the rindabite.'
    VVankers
    </font>

nah castor its more like this :

(scene is a DART)

phone weenie (whispering): 'yah mom, yah, i'll be back for dinor at 5 yah; noh i woint be late like last time, yah'

phone weenie (turns to his friends): 'ah fu(kin ma given' me hassle, jaysus like!'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 938 ✭✭✭Lucy_la_morte

I'm under 16 and used to own a mobile phone. I found that i needed mine mainly for meeting up with friends, and since the home phone is out of bounds for me, it was a private alternative for me to receive calls from friends. Unfortunately i was denied the pleasure of doing thing after my phone was stolen in a club. I thought i wouldn't be able to live without it, no contact to my close friends while in the house, and the internet was out of bounds too. I should of gone mad, but no instead somehow i coped, the way people probably did before the internet and mobile phones, by talking face to face. Hopefully something about this rambling proves that no matter how much you use your phone, even if it's for useful things like meeting up with friends or long conversations, you don't need one for domestic use, especially not under-16.

J'ai dormi sous l'eau.

Lucy la morte.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,984 ✭✭✭✭Lump

Im 17 have a phone, hardly every use it have it on silent cause I hate them when the ****ers ring it vibrates which is ok, have wap and all that ****, but I bought it cause I wanted a phone no other reason.

John

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

There's nothing worse when someone rings you during the night and you jump up with the noise, and then to find out by the time you find your phone that they hang up
    ggrrr

Advertisement