Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How much is too much?

• 28-02-2004 10:22pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,806 ✭✭✭

Hi all

Im on IOL BB and I am at about 7.4 GB. How far past the 8gb before they disconnect you? Anyone know?

Xcellor

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 507 ✭✭✭Roller Toaster

1 byte.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,806 ✭✭✭Xcellor

I really hope that is an exageration! I just go the usage caculator fixed the other day.. so I went from 500 mbs up to 6 gigs.

• Registered Users Posts: 463 ✭✭Emerson

At 8,00 GB nothing happened
    I'm at 8,10GB today and still connected but there is a warning on the usage page.. Hopefully they're not charging me.. Been rationing on 7gb since the 9th after a bit of a binge when I was initially connected. I've been good since then....

Hope things will be easier next month with a bigger cap if indeed IOL anounce one...

You web browser renders that page funny.
    Which browser are you using?

• Registered Users Posts: 463 ✭✭Emerson

IE 6..
    display res is high so i have text set to largest setting

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,806 ✭✭✭Xcellor

Is your allowance not your downloads and uploads together??

If so you are three gigs over!!

That would be 90 euros if they charged !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

man it must be awful being on iol and living in fear of being disconnected :(

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭^pt^

When I rang up to get my usage calculator fixed, the guy gave me the impression that it wasn't automatic. He said they get fidgety as you approach 9gb. They're probably less likely to cut you off at the end of the month.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭kida

I am not sure what way it works but for the last 2 months I went on a download fest for the last 2 days. I was approaching 8gb before and must have got 3/4 GB extra. They don't seem to update the cut offs too often.

I think the critical thing is to stay on, if you disconnect you may not get back on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 189 ✭✭raster

Has anyone ever been charged/permanently disconnected from IOLBB?

• Advertisement
Advertisement