Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UTV clicksilver... dead yet again?

• 28-02-2004 11:31pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 856 ✭✭✭

is it just me or is clicksilver dead for anyone else again? I'm not sure if its just me because nobody else has posted about it yet (its been down since around 8 for me)...

i keep getting Error 718's ("timed out waiting for a valid response from the remote computer")

connected through dialup atm
    :confused::(

thanks,
    andrew

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 elsoldemayo

Same here, tried connecting on and off since 7:30 but nothing happening so far.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭PiE

Fine here, though I've been connected since yesterday. Will probably feck up if I try to reconnect.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 229 ✭✭PcP

same here, just got back on now since around 8.30 this evening :mad:

[edit2] no, still need to go through proxy to post...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 856 ✭✭✭andrew163

just came back here aswell.... hopefully it wont go down again for a while :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

any word from utv on why this happens so often ?
    im on eircom and its never been down for me

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭PowerHouseDan

Yeah it was down for a few hours alrite i rang them a few times to let them no,they started telling me it was prob eircom and try to sort it out,been up now since about a hour

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

Does anyone know how often the other ISP's have had similar breaks since the introduction of BB?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,426 ✭✭✭ando

very rare for eircom to go down. I think I was down for 3 hrs on one sunday about 3 months ago, for exchange work

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭daveyjoe

Just to let you know, I wasn't disconnected at all, although I was connected for a good 12 hours beforehand.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 229 ✭✭PcP

Same again tonight, Clickslower is dead :mad:
    This is happening all too often

• Advertisement

No problems for me tonight, just tried disconnecting and connecting again, but had no problem.

Maybe UTV are concerned about our social lives and think we should be getting out much more at weekends?;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,741 ✭✭✭Nyum Nyum

It's been off here (Arklow) for about an hour now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,330 ✭✭✭radiospan

No problems for me either. I'm on the Douglas, Cork exchange.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭SimonMaher

Dead as a feckin doornail here again. Rochestown Avenue, Dublin exchange. Been down about 2 hours now. Really, really isnt good enough.

Pete

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭jank

weird im on the douglas exchange and its been off for the last few hours but seems back now

im really sorry that i went with utv nothing but trouble really :(

I'm on the Carrigaline, Cork exchange and just after my last post (21:30) My BB went down (I spoke too soon), it came back up at 00:30, so another three hour black-out, hmmphh!

I'm hoping this has somthing to do with the new uncapped product that UTV are going to be supplying us as a counter-measure to eircom's offer:D :D

Seriously though, this blackout thing is getting a bit too regular, I have tried my best to encourage customers to sign-up with UTV, but the issue with pings and now the issue with the blackouts, don't inspire a huge amount of confidence.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 364 ✭✭Matfinn

Are UTV always this unreliable?? Im on UTV IPxl now and trying to connect at night can be a pain in the arse. In my opinion their hearts in the right place but they just arent able to cut it.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,940 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

after reading all the stuff about utv on these boards im glad I made the right choice to go with Eircom for my broadband last month, low pings and never ever get a disconnection. UTV gota pull their act together over the disconnections at least fast. The pings would be a much harder issue to solve id imagine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 119 ✭✭Martin-UTVi

We had no maintenance occurring on our network and nor were we aware of any planned maintenance from any of our upstream providers. We're checked logs, routers, radius stats etc. at this end and can see no reason for an outage and are currently investigating to see if there were any factors external to us that might have caused the problem. :mad:

Martin.

• Advertisement

I dont know how other Clicksilver users feel but it hardly seems reassuring to find that outages on a Saturday night and a Sunday night are only being investigated on a Monday morning?

This is at least the third weekend in recent times when there has been significant outages. In this case it seems a total of up to six hours for some people while in the other cases they were up to day long outages.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭jank

well martin lwhat about the proxy whats the story there been using it for a whille now but seems to be unreliable now and again
    does it need changing!?

Advertisement