Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

What did you think of the Motorbike and Scooter Show?

Options
  • 28-02-2004 11:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 425 ✭✭

Just want to know what people thought of the motorbike/scooter show in the RDS? Was it up to expections? Or a damp squib. The only reason I could see was an excuse to pick up cheap bits. And as for the women, my god there was better talent going in to the Sinn Fein gig next door!! Car park was rather interesting too! Anyone else any pro cons?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,819 ✭✭✭rymus

There werent any all too fantastic deals to be had really... as far as I could see anyway. Nice thing to experience anyway, never been to a bike show before :(

I must admit my attentions swayed somewhat from the bikes to the women that were sitting on them, at least in the case of Ducati (see below). That pole dancer at the Kawasaki stand was a bit... lets say... kicked.

I thought the purple helmets were quite good, but after all the times I've seen them on men & motors their show/routine wasn't exactly a surprise.

Good overall though, I'd go again (next year) :D

(I'll have some pics on my site later on today if anyones interested)

• Registered Users Posts: 19,518 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

Generally, it was quite dull (but I did miss the stunts, mini-moto and off-road races).. Nothing staggeringly exciting that you couldn't have seen/enjoyed from the car-park..

I was very impressed though with the paint jobs at one of the stands.. They had a fantastic looking MV Augusta/Hayabusa etc (and a half-dressed model to boot!)...

I thought the bargains were actually pretty good - much better than last year..
    Picked up a new jacket for €180 which was a huge saving.. Could have picked up a very cheap Shoei, new bike trousers etc., but my insurance is coming up soon, so have to start saving!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭giftgrub

it was my first show too

i'm currently on a vespa but want to get a bigger bike, the only thing i found is that for someone like me who's a relative beginner, there wasnt a whole lot of smaller bikes on show

sure the big 1000's look great but theyre outa my league, my friend who also went along said that bike manufacturers should do more to attract the inexperienced rider, then if they get them hooked they'll stay with honda suzuki yahama etc for life

overall i though it was pretty good, but (what was with the old one selling magnetic bracelets?)

did get a new lid at a good price though, and i was pleasantly suprised to find the place wasnt full of gougers as i expected.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,401 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Phoaar rymus!! :) , you any more nice piccys like that ?

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,264 ✭✭✭RicardoSmith

I was thinking of going to the show, but only heard about it today and don't have time. But I was primarily interested in deals on a learner bike/scooter and it doesn't sound like there were any.

Let us know when you get those pictures up on your site rymus.

• Advertisement

Originally posted by Longfield
    Phoaar rymus!! :) , you any more nice piccys like that ?

Umm yeaaaaaaas... a few :D

I'll let ye know when the pics are up, which will be as soon as my laptop stops being a bitch and starts working properly.

<edit>
    laptop stopped being a bitch and I put the pics up. Unfortunately the camera didnt fare too well with all the lights and so on and some of them are all fecked up as regards shutter speed & focusing. Time to do that camera upgrade I had planned :D

http://www.rymus.net/pics.html

• Registered Users Posts: 19,518 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

I was wondering who all the lads in the brown coats were..
    Are the purple helmets any good? Where are they from?

they're not too bad... I mean they'd probably be hysterically funny for someone that hasn't seen them before but with the amount of times they've been on Men & Motors over the years I'd say that number is very low. They tend to do all the same stuff all the time. Funny ish though. Got the crowd going anyway. They're from the Isle of Man.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 307 ✭✭Haket

I thought it was pretty good, kinda dissapointed with the lack of supermotos though, last year had shed loads.

Got a laugh looking at your pics, I'm in one !!! oggling the Kawazaki bird on the pole. Her name was Zoe Dee and she looks better on her website :-)

Advertisement