Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Quake night in NetHouse at the Ha'Penny Bridge

Options
  • 11-01-2001 9:32am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,657 ✭✭✭

In the next few days Nethouse on Wellington Quay (beside the Ha'Penny Bridge) will be opening 24 hours. Since I will be working the night shift there, I want at least the 1st night full. I want to organise a quake, and other games, night so whenever it starts. It will be the usual nethouse lan deal, £10 to play all night. The machines are all P3 733 with GF2 MX's, 17 " LCD monitors (ugh) and logitech pilot mice (tough you are welcome to bring your own). At the moment the mouse mats are a bit ****e, but I'm hopin to get in allsops soon. As I don't yet know what day this will be on, I would like to get an idea of who would be interested in a mid-week night lan at short notice, and also who would come if it was on a friday night.

Redesigned

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,657 ✭✭✭OSiriS

Oh yes, one last detail, there are 12 places

Redesigned

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

As has Ranelagh So When u go to OSiriS's night of fun.We Can do the same down here Nethouse Ranelagh are now gone 24hrs so ur welcome to come along.
    p.s no lcd's down here.

[This message has been edited by Crash&Burn (edited 11-01-2001).]

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Oh yes I can offer on emore place so that makes us 13 places.Take it Osiris tongue.gif And to clear it up I am not the Crash that played qw that people luv so much.

[This message has been edited by Crash&Burn (edited 11-01-2001).]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 airk

I'd love to come, my only objection - LCD monitors. In my very own experience LCD are hardly acceptable even at there best refresh rate and resolution.

Am I right?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 451 ✭✭creative

LCD monitors are not too bad at all.....give it a go at least.

Crash & Burn....living up to yar name lad?....SAD...OMGG

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,657 ✭✭✭OSiriS

Just set r_displayrefresh to 80 and they are fine to play from, no flicker. I personally could notice no difference from normal monitors, but I always use r_displayrefresh "80" anyway.

Redesigned

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭Da Bounca

12 places, a jasus

Well, in that case I'll swing by as long as it is more people then Osiris and myself, as Osiris is such an easy match for me wink.gif

(yes, he kicks my butt around)

Oh, right, almost forgot.. On Friday?

[This message has been edited by airk (edited 11-01-2001).]

• Registered Users Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭Cake Fiend

I'll drop in if there's a place free

Put 'em in your mouth and suck 'em
    Clan Acid

• Closed Accounts Posts: 384 ✭✭Ser

i do not know how you can play with r_displayrefresh set to 80?

that is far to low...

• Advertisement

Huh, you mean you can see the screen flicker @80Hz?

The eye can't usually detect a flicker if it's over 70 refreshes/sec. 72 is usually the lowest recommended refresh rate for non-detectable flicker.

r_displayrefresh does not actually do anything to your fps, it just changes your refresh rate of the monitor.

Oh, btw Osi, I'll swing by around 9-ish to see if there's any turnout, if not, I'll go down to Rathmines.

[This message has been edited by airk (edited 12-01-2001).]

• Registered Users Posts: 4,276 ✭✭✭Memnoch

Hey Osiris,
    Could you please add me to the list for the opening night thing. By the way, is anyone going to Rathmines today? I should be there with a couple of friends of mine. I'm gonna try and go around 8 and wait in order to beat the chinese rush.
    peace.

Advertisement