Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Sky And Their Editing (might annoy some who haven't watched Smackdown yet)

• 29-02-2004 6:38am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭

i hop i'm not the only one to notice a big chunk of Smackdown the go missing tonight. John Cena was out doing one of his little talks with Sable and Tori Wilson in the ring then all of a sudden Mysterios music hits and we are into the match with the 2 women mysteriously vanished. why did they do this?

it really pisses me off :mad: :mad: :mad:
    oh and it's still not in stereo sound either :mad: :mad:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,463 ✭✭✭shinzon

I e-mailed sky about this awhile back and they said that its not them that edit the programmes but WWE send them the tapes already edited

Something about a younger demographic watching the programmes over here, why WWE cant just send 2 versions of RAW and SMACKDOWN is beyond me, that way at least the full show can be shown after the watershed, most of whats missed can be found on the net anyway so editing the shows really is a useless exercise

Shin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

Originally posted by shinzon
    Something about a younger demographic watching the programmes over here

so much for Late Night then :mad: :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 276 ✭✭Brian Houlihan

This happened after 9pm watershed??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,461 ✭✭✭NeroTheExtreme

Originally posted by Mossy Monk
    so much for Late Night then :mad: :mad:

Another reason why i don't bother watching it.
    Nero

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,718 ✭✭✭whosurpaddy

yep this really pisses me off aswell.
    (gonna go on a little rant here)i remember a couple months back at the very end of a smackdown show lesnar was in the ring cutting a promo on vince (who was sitting in a skybox), and mid sentence they just cut to a vignette of lesnar, and that was mildly annoying in itself, and next thing, ad break and the show is over. i couldnt believe it. its unbelievably annoying when they make it so blatent. makes you feel like you missing something. this is unforgivable on the sky sports version, as its on at 1 in the morning. there is absolutely no reason to edit violence/swearing/ anything that isnt HHH humping a corpse out of the show.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭Exit

I dislike the editing of Smackdown over here myself, but I actually think this segment was edited for North American audiences too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,640 ✭✭✭Gillie

Is this also the reason why SD take breaks in the middle of their Main Events these days? Really annoying!:mad:

I remember when RAW used to do that in the mid 90s before it was live. For as long as events are pre-taped, you can expect breaks anywhere. Plus over in the states, UPN are terrible for throwing ads in left right and centre.

Nero

Originally posted by NeroTheExtreme
    I remember when RAW used to do that in the mid 90s before it was live. For as long as events are pre-taped, you can expect breaks anywhere. Plus over in the states, UPN are terrible for throwing ads in left right and centre.

RAW is guilty of this too. we see a promo and then back to the match

Thats usually during ring entrances though isn't it? I don't catch RAW all that often...
    Nero

• Advertisement

Originally posted by NeroTheExtreme
    Thats usually during ring entrances though isn't it? I don't catch RAW all that often...

yes during ring entrances but it happens during matches too. not as much as Smackdown though but it happens

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭Exit

Yep, it's not just UPN.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭Hanza

I for one hate it.

So much for the TV editing laws. **** CENSORSHIP! OH **** this ****ing board wont ****ing let me ****ing say ****. This isnt ****ing fair. I ****ing hate censorship...

Sorry:p

Alot of really excellent segments were edited reciently, and i am sick of it. Takes away the raw(no pun intended) nature of the programming.

Hanza

Advertisement