Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ipod query

• 29-02-2004 8:50am
    Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭

does anyone know if you need a fire wire card to run the ipod or can you get an
    adapter so it runs off a 2.0 usb port .In fact any info would help greatly appreciated.
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭ArthurG

The version I got from Santa has only a firewire cable with is (luckily enough I have a port on my PC, or else there would have been tears/tantrums on Christmas morning...).

You CAN get a USB adapter, not in the pack I got though, dunno if it comes as standard with the larger units - should say on Apple website.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,560 ✭✭✭Woden

yes you can get an adaptor but i don't think it comes in the larger packs, however you can buy a usb/firewire cable combination from apple, the thing is that using a usb connection won't charge the ipod when you connect to the computer while the use of firewire will.

think the usb cable you buy has this kinda split thing with a firewire port that you can connect to the ac charger will still plugging the usb connection in, with the result that you can charge will using usb

[edit]http://store.apple.com/Apple/WebObjects/irl?productLearnMore=M9126 there it is i think [/edit]

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭kanurocks

Ive had people telling me that the battery runs out in a year is this true.And do apple replace it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,502 ✭✭✭MrPinK

It's the same as any other rechargable battery, such as your mobile phone battery. It will last for 500-600 recharges. If you charge it everyday it will last you 18 months. If you charge it once a week it will last you over 10 years. You gotta pay for a new one yourself once the battery is dead.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,582 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

i hate people going around spreading these rumors.

i've even had people come up to me and say (they saw the white earphone)

conversation:

random dude: You've an ipod?
    me: yeah.
    random dude: You hear the battery runs out in one week?

i just ignored him and walked by.

apple use the best lithuim batteries and even they lose their charge after 500-600 charges same as a phone other mp3 players etc.

it cost $99 to get a new one and i can't complain with that really

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭kanurocks

Cheers guys that clears up alot.

Advertisement