Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help - PS2 connected to Broadband ?

• 29-02-2004 8:58am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 144 ✭✭

I have eircom broadband in upstairs room.

Son wants to connect PS2 to broadband (his room is downstairs) - he got info but wtf I can't follow it.

Can anyone say what equipment I need - is it a wireless router I need? do I need any software?

Ideally if somebody has actually done it themselves then great.

Thks
    Buzz

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭Ripwave

Originally posted by Buzz_Irl
    I have eircom broadband in upstairs room.
    What sort of "modem" did eircom give you when you signed up, and how is it connected to your PC (USB cable or ethernet cable).

Son wants to connect PS2 to broadband (his room is downstairs) - he got info but wtf I can't follow it.

Can anyone say what equipment I need - is it a wireless router I need? do I need any software?
    Is running a cable downstairs out of the question? It will be a lot cheaper to use cable, rather than wireless, and may not require any additional hardware (except for an adapter for the PS2, which is relatively cheap).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 144 ✭✭Buzz_Irl

Thanks

The modem is the SpeedTouch USB modem.

Running a cable might be cheaper but I hear them divorce lawyers are awful expensve !

Any help would be great

Thks
    Buzz

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭Ripwave

Originally posted by Buzz_Irl
    Thanks

The modem is the SpeedTouch USB modem.
    Then the cheapest thing is probably to buy a completly new modem. You can get a Wireless DSL modem like the D-Link DSL-604+ for €122. You'll also need a wireless network card for the PC upstairs (€48 and, if the machine that's current connected to DSL doesn't have an ethernet card, you'll need one of these too (because you can't use USB to connect to the new router).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 144 ✭✭Buzz_Irl

Brill - thks for that
    Buzz

Advertisement