Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

quake on ethernet

Options
  • 10-01-2001 2:59pm
    Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭

How do you mean "fast"?

Lan play feels faster alright, and things respond faster too. But is this like running an old dos game on a p933 emulating the OS?

Tom.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Jaden

You've been playing Q3 too long. QW is like that..... smile.gif

Are you playing Winquake or QW?

Hail To The King, Baby.

Jaden.

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭Sonic

lad what are your pings like, its far smoother on lan, if you have a high fps machine in q1 it can feel faster
    unless its like ****ing privateer2 which runs about 500% faster than it should and is completely unplayable, i want my 133 back smile.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭Da Bounca

i recently set up an ethernet network in me gaf. atm its just my old p233 and me new uber pc 933 but prolly will get more old pcs to hook up to it. anyways i set up a game of quake and started the slaughter against my brother. but , it was way too fast, im not sure what the problem is , i dont know why the game is so fast, my guess is that the ethernet(which is fast ethernet) is running at too high a speed, or else the server i set up was on the wrong speed and grav settings.
    so lads, any ideas u may have on how to solve this dilemma, please do tell.

the actual ethernet hub is called "fast ethernat hub"
    how do i set up a qw lan?
    i just used the game execute and went to multiplayer then network.
    i thought qw was internet play only

i know qw feels faster on lan, ive played before, but this is mental like,its quite funny, on dm3 where the megahealth is on the little mound, you can almost run across the gap smile.gif

create a batch file, make sure you have kteams, qwsrv.exe and priority.exe in ur quake directory

@echo off
    cd .
    start qwsv.exe +gamedir kteam +exec server.cfg
    start priority.exe
    exit

you can get them from www.redbrick.dcu.ie/~doomgod/q.exe

i assume ur using win98 if so a 50 ping cant be avoided

[This message has been edited by Sonic (edited 13-01-2001).]

• Advertisement

nice 1

u in DCU?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭El_Presidente

Nay, Sonic is a UL head.

If your looking for quake in DCU go down the X building and up to X230. There are always people there playing games etc.

UL w00ps ur gay DCU asses any day

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 285 ✭✭sam

dont make me come down there

*cough* yeah sure *cough*

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 392 ✭✭Skyclad

UL vs Trinity vs DCU vs other muppet colleges at trinlan eh? (qw of course, the one and only realy game...)

Anyone else from DCU going besides myself and Sam?

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 285 ✭✭sam

the others dont want to be seen in the same building as you andy, for obvious reasons

dunno who else is going, maybe i can convince ken and pete, and the dreaded karl to go, then again why bother, they probably would get bored at a lan like that anyway, maybe theyll come if we're going out that night, ill check (or something) later

Advertisement