Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Teamie Q3 trials

Options
  • 13-01-2001 3:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 496 ✭✭

Its up on www.quake.ie

read the comments aswell.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,399 ✭✭✭Zero

yeah, anyone who isn't on the list, it doesn't matter, forget about that, if u can be online and playing we want to see u playing, we'll meet in #team.ie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 658 ✭✭✭Jedi

A few people have voiced there opinion about the up coming trials saying
    <font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">" Whats the point in trialing, there only going to Pick the usual 4 or 5"</font>

Well to be honest they may have a point. So I was thinking is there any way we can make this fairer to all the players. E.G. Instead of using there usual nick let them play by another nick. maybe let them play as the last three letters of the surname or something, so that everyone is given a fair chance reguardless of name, or nick. Just something I thought I should bring up since a few are worried.

Jedi

E.g. If you real name if Laurn Hill.

Then play as nick: [ILL]

If your name is Jimbob O'Brien

Then play as nick: [IEN]

Just an idea to make things fairer.

[This message has been edited by Jedi (edited 15-01-2001).]

So...
    Jedi = [lin]
    nicky = [don]
    ol = [ock]
    sam = [ngh]
    mp = [ney]

i think we'll still know who is who, if anyone is worried about it, they can call themselves whatever, but this praccy tomorrow nite is only keepin ppl on their toes, its no big deal. if 8 ppl turn up they can call themselves whatever the hell they like. might do it later than 7pm.....will post later.

There not bad nicks now that I think of it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 496 ✭✭Bunny

Ill watch all the demos if I can....I dont know how, but I will try.

Name changing makes it less biased, but just more confusing overall, we won't bother, I know alot of peoples playing styles anyway.

Good teamplay, intelligence, skill, decisions etc is what we're looking for.

• Advertisement

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Jedi:
    No the team you picked for BWEC wes perfect last time, well done.</font>
    Cheers
    But did you notice the way the Russian team that qualified for the BWEC had none of the final LAn team players on it. They had 2 team a net team and a lan team.</font>
    We will have both this time, I'm not driving to UL 100 times again considering I am going to be living there from next week onwards.
    But I think that there are better players, on net than on lan and they feel they will be over looked.</font>
    ?
    If we put the old team.ie on the net, there is a team of 4 could beat them? who are they?
    Certain others are a little worried though. I'm only the messanger here. They have a good point i suppose though.</font>
    (Chemist Quote) : It's not for me, it's for my friend....who?
    Can you clarify for them the way you will be picking the team.</font>
    As LJ said, it's one word - teamplay. Frags dont matter, efficiency doesnt matter a whole lot because a guy can get a shítty efficiency while holding the red and generating 50 frags for his team.

I know I'm being a bit of a smartárse here but I don't know where ure coming from...
    If we can get Beast/Ser onto the net for practise, (which is unlikely), well then there will be nobody good enough to take their place, that's nothing to do with reputation, it's simple fact.
    So it's not that we are picking a "LAN Team" and a "Net Team", it's that we will substitute any of the first team that cannot get on the web with someone who plays on the net and is good. Reputation isn't worth a shíte, why would you want to play under aliases, and ask me to put up specific team-picking stuff, you hardly think that if we had net praccy and you were class, that you would be looked over because it's you?
    Me and Bunny shouldn't be doing this if we were as influenced as that......

Well thats the questions answered.

Fair Enough
    Tom/Jedi

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Agent_Nick_Fury

There is an Irish Quake team? Cool

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭Vorosha

i want to know who tom's friend is that's causing all this trouble... pronto...

heheh true, we must find this person.....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭El_Presidente

My ISDN is being put in tommorow morning so Ill be there for sure.

Good timing eh?

• Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭Overlord

They told me they had "eliminated" the Presidente problem.
    Damn those Eircom people, damn them to hell.

so that everyone is given a fair chance reguardless of name, or nick. Just something I thought I should bring up since a few are worried.
    Just an idea to make things fairer.
    </font>

I can see what your point is, basically ure saying that Team.ie has somehow turned into an old boys club, or more accurately an institution where the same players are picked regardless.
    But that's wrong. I'd first of all like to see a show of hands who thinks the team picking is unfair (and i know u arent saying it in a bad way Tom).
    We can do it that way if you like, but to be honest, the likes of Ser/Beast will more than likely surface on top whether they are called Beast/Ser or Cheech/Chong.

No the team you picked for BWEC wes perfect last time, well done.

But did you notice the way the Russian team that qualified for the BWEC had none of the final LAn team players on it. They had 2 team a net team and a lan team.

Polosity, power, devil only play lan.

The reason is because all the final russian team are lan players. Similar to Ser beast bunny and co.

But I think that there are better players, on net than on lan and they feel they will be over looked. I dont care to be honest about me, I'm just looking forward to going to see the games. Certain others are alittle worried though. I'm only the messanger here. They have a good point i suppose though. Can you clarify for them the way you will be picking the team.

E.g: is it on game eff, level knowledge, top scorer, there past reputation, etc.

I know how you do it but just for everyone benefit, let them know what makes and ideal irish team member.

Thx
    Tom/Jedi

Advertisement