Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

chipset fan not working

• 29-02-2004 3:04pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 421 ✭✭

i have an ak77 333 motherboard.

sometime over the last few days the fan on the kt333 chipset stopped working, ive no idea why or when. i have been messing around inside, cleaning out the dust and a broken floppy drive and also updating the bios. everything else is working grand.

the fan is connected to the motherboard same as normal and the cpu fan works away fine.

anyone know why the chipset fan would stop working?

dw

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,864 ✭✭✭uberpixie

good old fashioned wear and tear. The fans they put on chipsets are usually aren't of the highest quality either.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 421 ✭✭drrnwbb

ive a support ticket on the motherboards website, so i'll see what they have to say..

but my system temp is about the same as what it was, do i need a new fan? if it was the cpu fan then id be down at the shop getting a new one straight away... but i dont know anything about these chipset fans...

dw

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,761 ✭✭✭Col_Loki

That chipset doesent require active cooling, ie a fan on it. It would be fine with just an ordinary passive cooler........ wheather it will be ok with the fan cooler installed and not running im not sure.

If you want to be sure put another one on it, it can leave your computer pritty unstable otherwise.

Advertisement