Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PDA Software

Options
  • 29-02-2004 6:57pm
    Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭

What software are people using on their PDA's? I have an Dell Axim X3i with

Adobe Acrobat Reader
    Worms (Game)
    Tomb Raider (Game)
    IMov (Instant Messanger)
    MS Portrait (Video Confrenceing)
    WiFive (VoIP)
    Flash Plugin

Iv got a Spectec SD camera as well

Anyone recomend anything worth downloading/buying? Im intrested in an SD bluetooth card and a bluetooth GPS.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,027 ✭✭✭flywheel

Originally posted by Rew
    Im intrested in an SD bluetooth card and a bluetooth GPS.

Socket have a Bluetooth SD card

Pharos have a GPS SD card - although if you do go down the Bluetooth SD route how about taking a look at a standalone Bluetooth GPS device - a good comparision review here on a lot of the models available...

not wanting to be a pain (but for anyone else thinking of getting an X3i) in the last week Dell enhanced the device and released a new model of the X3i with both WiFi and Bluetooth integrated... although they should really have changed the model number when adding a feature like that . (strangely enough they currently allow you to select a Socket Bluetooth SD card as an extra on the X3i's order form!)

BrianG

• Registered Users Posts: 4,780 ✭✭✭JohnK

Originally posted by DubWireless
    ...not wanting to be a pain (but for anyone else thinking of getting an X3i) in the last week Dell enhanced the device and released a new model of the X3i with both WiFi and Bluetooth integrated...

for f*ck sakes :mad: I just bought one about 3 weeks ago and there was no Bluetooth in it.

Currently the only software on mine is what was on it when I took it out of the box. The (trial) remote control prog on the cd looks interesting but I havent tried it yet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭secret_squirrel

On my dell Axim 3i (without the blue tooth sob!)

I have the following extra progs.

XCPUscalar - To underclock cpu to extend mp3 battery life. (The overclock option dont work on the X3i)

ScreenOff - Shuts down screen (again when using it as an mp3 player)

Sim Manager - to extract the address book from my mobile.

Virtual Display - Supports 640*480 making Terminal Services easier to use (although a bit too 'squinty' for text)

Battery Pack 2004 - Nice today screen application launcher also allows you to change that pesky 20% left in your battery shutdown option.

Pocket Chat - Irc Client.

RhinoSkin Alu case - coz I keep dropping mine!

Stuff I didnt keep:

PocketTV - too expensive
    SmartGSM - didnt like my nokia
    SimplePhonebook - ditto
    PocketMusic - Top rate mp3 player that does everything that Media Player doesnt. Unfortunate it eats processing and battery power.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rew

Originally posted by JohnK
    for f*ck sakes :mad: I just bought one about 3 weeks ago and there was no Bluetooth in it.

Dont feel bad we bought 20 of them a few weeks ago...

Dell wanted them to be bluetooth from the start but didn't get FCC aproval in time. Thats why they have a bluetooth logo but no bluetooth.

I have pocket PuTTY as well forgot that from the list

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭secret_squirrel

Found that remote control program useless ...only had about half my hifi stuff - was very slow to respond and you had to buy the full version to access the full list of components. AFAIK there are much better ones out there...

• Advertisement
Advertisement