Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mock Exams

Options
  • 29-02-2004 8:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,825 ✭✭✭

In my school we do the mocks together with the junior certs and when they get off they really distract me!!! Does this happen anyone else or is it just my stupid school that sits junior certs beside leaving certs??????

and also what about the exam desks, ours are around forty years old and are about 30cm by twenty, you can jus about fit the exam paper on it when its opened out!!!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 jackwalli

In my school we do the mocks together with the junior certs and when they get off they really distract me!!! Does this happen anyone else or is it just my stupid school that sits junior certs beside leaving certs??????

and also what about the exam desks, ours are around forty years old and are about 30cm by twenty, you can jus about fit the exam paper on it when its opened out!!!!

The junior certs dont do mocks in out school, but theres 150 leaving certs in a freezing cold gym, with the same desks as youre talking about and all the subjects in together - since they all end at different times, towards the end, people are leaving every ten minutes, so effectively you lose the last half hour/forty minutes of your exam.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,825 ✭✭✭Healio

God in my goegraphy i was in the middle of my fieldwork question and they junior cert exam ended and they got up and i lost my train of thought spent ten minutes tryin to find it again, little fec-kers

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭scoey

In my school they don't let anyone leave the mocks early. So after about an hour and a half or so during most tests some people( stupid ones) are finished their tests but since they aren't allowed to leave they end up thinking up other ways to pass the time, for example, whistling ,banging on their desks , talking to each other etc, which is really distracting... Sometimes I get the impression my school is run by complete idiots.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

im my school the highest class in each subject gets a class room of their own and the rest of the 6th yrs r in the library and ur not allowed leave early....

the third years are in their own classes doin them...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭claire h

We had junior certs in with us as well. It got really interesting when they had a paper where ordinary & higher level had to leave at different times and when our ordinary & higher had to leave at different times.... there was one where the last hour-and-a-half was just people leaving.

Nah, what's more distracting is when the teachers come up to you in the middle of the exam and ask how you're finding it. Aaaarg.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 425 ✭✭StephenInsane

We do our papers in 3 and 1/2 hours slots. So if you have a paper which lasts 2 hours, once you two hours is up you hand it up and have to stay the 3 1/2 hours till everyone finishes
    This is totally retarded, and means you have to sit around bored if your time is up. At least this will be the last tests of my life where I HAVE to stay till the very end.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 550 ✭✭✭Barbie_666

Originally posted by scoey
    In my school they don't let anyone leave the mocks early. So after about an hour and a half or so during most tests some people( stupid ones) are finished their tests but since they aren't allowed to leave they end up thinking up other ways to pass the time, for example, whistling ,banging on their desks , talking to each other etc, which is really distracting... Sometimes I get the impression my school is run by complete idiots.

My school IS run by idiots!!!! :D

Advertisement