Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Warning Phone Scam

Options
  • 29-02-2004 10:43pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 329 ✭✭

Be careful if you receive a text telling you that you have won a prize and asking you to text a "winning code" to a number.

You will then be told that you have won €5000. To receive the money you're then asked to type in your visa number so that they can credit your card with the winnings.

I know it sounds like nobody will fall for this but these guys are convincing.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,777 ✭✭✭✭The Corinthian

Doesn't the international prefix of +234, on the phone number kind of give it away? ;) :rolleyes: :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 329 ✭✭Walter Ego

I received the call about 2 weeks ago while on a trip to France. the number was a local 06 (mobile) number. I suspect that it won't be too long before it surfaces here.

Advertisement