Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Free Meteor Simcard with €100 free Credit???

Options
  • 29-02-2004 11:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 263 ✭✭

Has anybody heard the radio ad that says that you can get a free meteor sim card in carphone warehouse and others by just asking with €100 free credit. Is this true? Somebody please clarify as I have checked the meteor site and there is no mention of this offer. Thanx

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,219 ✭✭✭Falkorre

if i remember correctly, how it works is, you get the 100 euros over 12 months, and only if you top up by 20 euros (in one go) each month.
    In other words, you get an extra 10 euros every month IF you top up by 20 at one go.

B

• Registered Users Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

Yeah, I tried to get one a while ago and the guy said you needed to spend 20 euro on credit initially, it's not like they just hand out a sim card with 100 euro credit on it :-(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 263 ✭✭Adrian

Well then the radio ad is false advertising. It says FREE simcard! Its DOESN'T say free simcard but you have to pay €20 to get it! I think that is boll0x. Fu<K it anyway. I'm not interested now ... Unless .... when the radio ad says free text messages and picture messages for life, is there a catch or is this true. Let me guess, only to other Meteor phones. Stupid Pr1<k5.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,219 ✭✭✭Falkorre

These ads are playing very very close to the line and imho *are* false advertising. But they do verge on a "common sense" rule of sorts, I mean, would you actually be naive enuf to believe a company was gonna *give* you €100 free?
    still tho, imho shud be reported as it duz suck.

B

Originally posted by Dawntreader
    These ads are playing very very close to the line and imho *are* false advertising. But they do verge on a "common sense" rule of sorts, I mean, would you actually be naive enuf to believe a company was gonna *give* you €100 free?
    still tho, imho shud be reported as it duz suck.

B

Being naive is not the point. They actually say on the ad that you get a free sim card with €100 free credit when you go into any participating carphone warehouse, 3g, etc. Is terms and conditions even mentioned on the ad? I can't remember but if it's not, then this is definitely false advertising.

• Advertisement

Originally posted by Adrian
    Well then the radio ad is false advertising. It says FREE simcard! Its DOESN'T say free simcard but you have to pay €20 to get it!

It *is* a free sim card. You have to 'top up' by €20 to get the free credit. So everything is free. Obviously you are expected to top up, there's no such thing as a free lunch. Customers like you are exactly who meteor would want to avoid, people who think they can get 100 euro free call credit and then throw the sim away when they've used it all and go back for another... :-)

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!

Not the fu<king point here!!!!!!

I'm talking about their advertising!

Yes obviously they won't just give away €100 free credit and a free simcard but why do they say that they will? Answer me that now smart @ss!

Originally posted by Adrian

Yes obviously they won't just give away €100 free credit and a free simcard but why do they say that they will? Answer me that now smart @ss!

Read what I said. They aren't false advertising. The sim card *is* free. You don't have to hand over any money in order to get the sim card. You *do* have to top up in order to get the free call credit. Just as you have to top up to get the free texts for life. I'm sure all this is explained in their T&C's which is mentioned at the end of the ad iirc.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,540 ✭✭✭JTMan

The advertisments don't bend the truth as much as the bag of lies and spin in the o2 ads.

A recent o2 ad claimed that they 'dont have a minimum top up' and that there 'is no penalities for not topping up' but there is with Meteor.
    The Truth .. Meteor insist on 1 top up every six months and give you free credit for topping up by €15 plus a month.

The o2 ads about meteor are sick spin in order to confuse the market and stop the drove of customers porting.

Advertisement