Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

I won't be driving home for christmas :)

• 27-02-2001 8:53am
    Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭

its snowing here
    bad thing is .. loads of it really heavy and all like a blister too cold to stand in unless you're immune to the cold
    didn't hear any warnings on the news or anything
    they're no good are they ?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,274 ✭✭✭Monty - the one and only

Hmm it seems as I get rid of the snow it hits Ireland, hehe smile.gif

Unexpected acts of kindness...are common among our group

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

hmm it seems that you've missed the snow twice Mont0r frown.gif
    what other signs do you want us to give you to get you to return ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭the fnj

I prefered snow when I was kid and got the day off school so I could lash snowballs at moving vechiles. Now snow means I had to get up extra early and miss breakfast to get an earlier bus. Stupid snow I wish I was 12 again.

thefanj.gif

Clan Acid

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

well thats not really a snow to ply in ..
    its really windly and blowing snow in yer face and it hurt frown.gif
    and why would you have to get an eariler bus because of the snow ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

It is now...

The wind is wispy and slack around our business centre and the big flakes of snow are whirling gently groundward as stereotypical snow surely should. Granted, it's mixed occasionally with soapy stuff from the train wash above our office but hey - that can only add to the fun... (...?)

Time to go pelt a company director. biggrin.gif

[This message has been edited by Bard (edited 27-02-2001).]

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭the fnj

I had to get an earlier bus because the backs ups started before terenure and went all the way into rathmines.

thefanj.gif

Clan Acid

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭Canaboid

$n0w r0><0r$

there was a 10 car pile up on the Nass road !
    omg
    thats pritty bad
    seen 3 cars crashing on the end of my road (its a hill quite busy)
    saw one car getting wraped round an eircom van , write off
    ffs
    madness
    a foot of snow also
    its hard to walk in hehe

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Celt

Fanj, what bus do you get?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,274 ✭✭✭Monty - the one and only

Looks like I spoke too soon, a blizzard is just after starting....

Unexpected acts of kindness...are common among our group

• Advertisement

G'wan Monty
    make big bolders and block traffic
    and mill cars out of
    think that you were young again smile.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭neuro-praxis

You guys sound like my grandmother, talking about the weather.
    and she's dead.

Give me back my towel. I'll sue.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 Splifz

i love the snow!!!

don't care what anyone else thinks!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 601 ✭✭✭[SN]JAG

i had to walk 2 miles to the dart station because of traffic ( i couldnt get bus)

and going through a football pitch i got hit by the mother of all gust's. Damn thing blew me down a hill

id say it was funny if every part of my body didnt hurt.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,984 ✭✭✭✭Lump

/me sniggers quietly.

I can just picture that.

John

ahh well com'n you can't say a little bit of snow isn't fun
    smile.gif
    everyone has a laugh in it biggrin.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

Bah... call that snow? I can still see things in some of the pictures they have on the net.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,660 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

I think we escaped the worst of it in the south smile.gif Bad visibility going home last night was the worst of it but it wasn't too icy this morning. Didn't even have to de-ice the car b4 setting off smile.gif

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

T'was really bad yesterday and last night in Galway, but thankfully there'd been really heavy rain the night before and it didn't stick. There were some slippery patches this morning, but overall it was OK.

No sign off any more falling at the minute, but everything could change!

All the best,

Dav
    @B^)
    <font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Prepare yourself - The Beefy King stirs from his slumber...</font>

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,523 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Got up this morning and found 2 decapitated snow'people' in the carpark. One had graduated to an incline of 20-30 degrees off vertical, while the other had been constructed in the sitting position, complete with feet.

Of course in 70 apartments there are perhaps 5 children .... the things students do......

[cue Homer Simpson voice] Hmmm, pigeons.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭Bomberman

And now its going way :-(

why who has pics that showed you ?

Correction, only one of the snow'people' had been decapitated. The head on the other was merely at an un-natural angle.

;-)

[cue Homer Simpson voice] Hmmm, snow'people'.

[This message has been edited by Victor (edited 01-03-2001).]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 938 ✭✭✭Lucy_la_morte

Ahh it'll be back soon, I am sure of it. Too cold not to come back *shivers*.

J'ai dormi sous l'eau.

Lucy la morte.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

Bit of a 'Calvin & Hobbes' influence there, Victor? wink.gif

--

Kids in Dublin can be malicious little bast's sometimes... there were a couple of incidents on the Stillorgan dual carriageway a couple of days ago where buses had to stop because of kids in the middle of the road scooping up snow to make snowballs. These, though, weren't any ordinary snowballs as the bus drivers found out - laced with stones and small rocks, they've been responsible for the cracking and shattering of a few (bus) windows. Drivers have been refusing to go into certain estates around Dublin because of these little 'thugs'. I'm sure there've been a number of people in the A&E wards with eye injuries from similar projectiles thrown by similar little f**ks.

I feel old saying "T'was never like that in our day." - but it wasn't - we had FUN with the snow, without causing anyone misery or pain.

The busses are stopping going through my area from Sunday frown.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 938 ✭✭✭Lucy_la_morte

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Bard:
    certain estates
    </font>

Wouldn't say it's just certain estates, most the buses in Ballymun have totally stopped.

Which mean's I have ALOT of trouble going to school when my mum isn't giving me a ride.

J'ai dormi sous l'eau.

Lucy la morte.

[This message has been edited by Lucy_la_morte (edited 03-03-2001).]

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Lucy_la_morte:
    Which mean's I have ALOT of trouble going to school when my mum isn't giving me a ride.</font>

I just don't wnat to know

Further update. One of the snow'people' has mostly melted, the other appears to have been either (a) run over or (b) assault in a 'flying kick' style.

Students.......

• Advertisement

Further update. The snow'person' had (a) run over *AND* was (b) assaulted in a 'flying kick' style.

Flat mates.......?!??!!??!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭Panda

Snow is great!!!

Its gone from the west now tho.

C'mon now confess, WHO ATE SOME SNOW?!?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by OJ:
    why who has pics that showed you ?</font>

looking at the Irish times and other online papers. You could still see the road. tongue.gif

State of Emergency here because of the storm that's hitting. It's at 2" of snow so far and they expect at least 1' of snow tomorrow morning. Also it's expected to go non-stop for 2-3 days. Everything closed down before the storm even started. Just hope I have enough food :/

Advertisement