Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Whats the best online email

Options
  • 01-03-2004 10:54am
    Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭

I am heading to Austrailia for a year soon, so I am going to be leaving my work email address behind, what I was wondering is what is the best online email service out there. I don't mind paying a small fee each year, but I would like to have POP3, IMAP, forwarding, SMTP, an online interface that works with most browsers (not just IE), auto-respond, good filters, lots of storage space, and a high limit on the largest allowed size of an email.
    I know thats a long list of requirments, but I think a lot of them are pretty standard at this stage for a lot of providers.
    Anyway, any reccomendations would be appricated....

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

Nice list :D

I would recommend that you register a personal domain and get it hosted. For aroung the €100 / year mark you would probably be able to fulfill all your criteria, plus you would also be able to put up a blog or similar.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,161 ✭✭✭steve-hosting36

Blacknights right, 10 euro or so buys you a domain of your own, meaning you'll nenver have to change your personal email again, and 50/60 euro a year gets you a comprehensive email service that meets all your requirements, with the compfort of full support :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,362 ✭✭✭the Guru

I uses squirrel mail with my domian name and it does everything and more that i need it to do

• Closed Accounts Posts: 274 ✭✭irlhost

Just so you guys know - some companies provide free email with domains.

You should shop around and check...

Advertisement