Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Sgt Slaughter EARNED his Hall of Fame induction!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,030 ✭✭✭smiaras

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,150 ✭✭✭Johnmb

Yeah, that takes away from the event in a major way. I do think that there are some non-wrestlering celebs who deserve to be inducted, such as the likes of Cyndi Lauper, but Rose did nothing for wrestling, he just provided a laugh on a few occasions, but many others have done that, it did not benefit wrestling as a whole.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭Hanza

Great....

No only is WMXX starting to look crap, they are over shadowing it with Pete FN Rose. Why, he fell on his head like 3 times and was in an add?

WTF is going on. I fell on my head as a child, put my god dam mam in the hall of fame then why dont ya!

Fu*ckers :dunno:

Hanza

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭Exit

Come on lads, the Hall of Fame is as much of a work as wrestling itself. When was the last time anyone was inducted? 1994?
    Pete Rose is being used for publicity reasons and from what I've read, this news has been covered on a fair few sports programmes in the States, thus giving WMXX some mainstream publicity.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,461 ✭✭✭NeroTheExtreme

Originally posted by Johnmb
    Yeah, that takes away from the event in a major way. I do think that there are some non-wrestlering celebs who deserve to be inducted, such as the likes of Cyndi Lauper, but Rose did nothing for wrestling, he just provided a laugh on a few occasions, but many others have done that, it did not benefit wrestling as a whole.

Sure remember Wrestlemania XI? The card was so bad that they had to jack it up with celebs to keep it looking decent. LT being in the final match (which the crowd didn't give a sh|t about because they were blown away by Nash and Michaels in the only match that barely saved the show), Jenny McCarthy, And idiots from Home improvement and NYPD Blew! ;)

Dark daze indeed!
    Nero

• Advertisement

It was alright as far as celeb matches were concerned, but enough to be put at the very end of the card??! I think not ;)

Nero

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭Digsy

It was a kick in the teeth from the other wrestler's point of view that Vince thought a Footballer was a better headliner than any of them , but the media coverage LT's stint in WWF got made him go with it.

It was a pity losing to LT and a failed title shot with Diesel were Bam Bam's shining moments , I thought he could have achieved a lot more given the chance.

Remember his debut in ' 87 ? All the managers fighting over him made me think he'd be big business , instead a tag team / feud with the Boogerman was in his destiny.

I know he did ok with ECW , but then again so did Al Snow.

He got on the wrong side of the Clique in his second run in the 90's and that was that.

Why guys get a decent build up only to be the next year's P45 winners is beyond me

Originally posted by Digsy

Remember his debut in ' 87 ? All the managers fighting over him made me think he'd be big business , instead a tag team / feud with the Boogerman was in his destiny.

He must of pissed Vince off in a bad way, because by Wrestlemania IV, he lasted about 5 minutes in a crappy match with the One Man Gang in the tournament, if i recall correctly he wasn't even in the Royal Rumble that year.

Eventhough he was the last man on his team at the 87 Survivor Series and got a good longitivity stretch for it.

Although I don't think he was quite of sound mind back then, that was also around the time he fired Steamboat for requesting time off to spend with his pregnant wife just a month after being given the IC belt.

Nero

• Advertisement
Advertisement