Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Quake III:Team Arena

Options
  • 02-01-2001 8:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭

Not sure when it's out retail but having *ahem* aquired *cough* a copy of the full version of Q3:TA, I've had a chance to go thru it...

Couple of things I found in it...
    1.) You *NEED* 1.27g to play it.
    2.) Three of the maps are HUGE! And I mean Big Fúcking maps! I enjoyed playing multiplayer on those maps...however it leads to...
    3.) My Gawd! Where have all my lovely frames gone? my 90 or so FPS stable in Q3 dropped to 20 fps average on those big maps...
    4.) Bots are better, way better. the usual tho, once to get yourself a nice tactic to defeat them, they become so easy, even on nightmare, that it's not fun anymore.
    5.) Very nice, fun space level with vortex type teleporter to nme base, pretty kewl.
    6.) Rehashes of all 4 iD CTF Q3 levels with extra passageways etc.
    7.) New models...nothing to write home about, I do like the Holy Grail style of one or two of them tho smile.gif

I was wondering what other people thought of the game if they have got it.

Any other comments on it?

Luc

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,176 ✭✭✭podgeen

first post!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,372 ✭✭✭Illkillya

i haven't played it yet, but would those big maps be suitable for 6v6 tdm or something? that might be a nice change from the usual 4v4.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 838 ✭✭✭[IAR]Nevermind

sounds cool,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 nDWario

sounds class

• Registered Users Posts: 1,399 ✭✭✭Zero

I watched Jeff play a demo of it in UL, ctf, and it looked absolute shíte, but maybe that's just me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭Lucutus

IKY, the three big maps are geared towards team based CTF or 'one point control with two bases' type of play. So I think TDM wouldn't be much fun on them, worth a try tho.

Zero, the demo version has only one map, which I didnb't like at all, but the full thing as a few good maps included, which helped me warm to it that bit better.

Oh, and for Q2 ppl, the chaingun feels great smile.gif

Luc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭El_Presidente

Many maps in there that would suit 4v4 team play well?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭Lucutus

Yea Pres, I think there's one or two that might be well suited, haven't tried yet tho.

Overall, the maps were designed for ctf style teamplay.

Luc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭El_Presidente

poo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 cannibal*

ADMIT it ye peeps!

CTF is the future! TDM is a dying breed....

cannibal

Bring It On

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7 cannibal*

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Lucutus:

Oh, and for Q2 ppl, the chaingun feels great smile.gif

</font>

niceeeee...... mg suxxxx on modem (imo it still suxx on any connection)

-cann

cannibal

Bring It On

• Registered Users Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭flamegrill

Iv got it downloaded almost 75mbs, iv to get the rest from a guy with an E1, on wednesday night. i cant even wait!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,668 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

any1 know when it will be available on retail??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭Decay

I've tried the demo and not impressed.....but there again quake is not my favourite anyway.
    Take that as a reflection on me not the game. :-)

Whats with the pogo stick noises everytime you jump??????????

}:-)

Advertisement