Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UTV prices E29 and E45

13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,669 ✭✭✭DMT

Originally posted by Paul-UTVI
    Package changes for existing customers will take effect on the 1st April.
    This means anyone switching from UTVip XL to clicksilver won't have broadband till April 1st? Correct??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 197 ✭✭iano

Well Paul-UTVI,
    It now appears that you are the ONLY provider trying to force customers into a NEW 12-month committment in order to avail of the new products/pricing.

What are you afraid of?

Eircom is performing an automatic free upgrade with the option of downgrade.

Esat/IOL is performing an automatic free upgrade with the option of downgrade.

Do you have so little confidence in your service that you have to try and trap the original pioneers that suffered through all of your start-up problems?

If the service is good and remains competitive, people will stay.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,806 ✭✭✭Xcellor

Originally posted by iano
    Well Paul-UTVI,
    It now appears that you are the ONLY provider trying to force customers into a NEW 12-month committment in order to avail of the new products/pricing.

What are you afraid of?

Eircom is performing an automatic free upgrade with the option of downgrade.

Esat/IOL is performing an automatic free upgrade with the option of downgrade.

Do you have so little confidence in your service that you have to try and trap the original pioneers that suffered through all of your start-up problems?

If the service is good and remains competitive, people will stay.

Id like to know whether that is true...

If I have signed a contract with UTV for 12 months. Will I be upgraded to the new service without having to sign another contract?

X

• Closed Accounts Posts: 381 ✭✭silent

no you have to commit to a further 12 months even though as a present user you cost them nothing in new fixed costs compared to new signups
    it's a bad joke really
    if you don't feel to commit again to a company that has no faith in their products and ability to hold you to their service without binding to another period - you can ride out your present contract at 47,5E (even with the substantial reductions in wholesale price by eircom)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,806 ✭✭✭Xcellor

That's shocking... Man... I moan and bitch about IOL but they haven't pulled a stunt like that...

I feel sorry for anyone who has signed up with UTV Internet... I was thisssss close to doing it myself. Out of all the DSL residential services i'm fairly happy with IOL 16 upload GB, 16 Gig download 47€ a month... which is cheap enough if you don't pay VAT (37 ish).

I think it's cheeky that they keep taking your money even though they are getting it cheaper themselves.. it's wrong!

X

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

I think it's cheeky that they keep taking your money

Here's another cheeky UTV practise that some cusotmers or even potential cutomers might like to note.

If you migrate from utvvipxl to clicksilver - because you pay for the service in advance - you are charged to the last day of the calendar month for your utvipxl. So in an extreme example suppose you are a UTVip xl user and your clicksilver service started on the first of april you would end up paying for both services for the month. No credit for the UTV xl payment is currently given!!!! This was confirmed in the UTV support newsgroup in the last few days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,227 ✭✭✭Kramer

Indeed.

When I "migrated" to Clicksilver, I had prepaid for the month (UTVIP/XL - €30). I never got a refund of the advance payment (changed over on the 11th of the month) so UTV pocketed €19.

I'm still not happy about this & will be contacting them on Monday morning for a refund.

Thanks for reminding me :)

Thanks for reminding me

I think you will be very lucky to get anything out of them but the practise really is a rip off. Anyways do you need my address to send on my 50%? :D

UTV never charged (me at least) in advance. They always charged for the current month's UTVip (and last months calls) in the 3rd week of the month. My credit card was only charged for February's UTVip XL on March 1st - that included January's phone calls.

Towards the end of this month, I expect to be charged for this month's UTVip XL and last month's calls.

Provided I pass the line test, at the end of next month I expect to be charged for next month's Clicksilver and this month's calls.

Here is the UTV response to a query on this in the UTV support group:

''Yes, UTVip subscriptions are charged in advance. While we do not hold UTVip
    users to a strict 30 cancellation period but allow them to be cancelled it
    at the end the calendar month that the ADSL account is activated, it can
    mean if your ADSL account is activated towards the start of the month you
    will conceivably pay more than someone who's been activated towards the end
    of the month. Some users get around this by timing their ADSL applications
    to complete before the end of the month.

Charles
    --
    Technical Support Supervisor
    UTV Internet
    http://u.tv/support/

Support
    UK 0845 2470001
    RoI 1890 926111

Admin
    UK 0845 2470000
    RoI 1890 926000''

• Advertisement

Charlie's statement directly conflicts with the hard facts provided by my credit card statements.....

Well I hope you are not double charged but I guess you will find out very soon!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 caroline

@Paul

I too would love to get UTV broadband but I am not happy with UTVs service. I have the XL package at the moment and 2 months ago my bill was over €50 even though I only used half of my free hours. This is because when I was connecting up to the 1983 number the pages would not load on either of my computers so I had to dial up through the pay as you go number. I got the XL package because there are several times a month when I NEED to be connected for several hours - normally after working hours. When I rang UTV to complain that I couldn't get a proper connection at 8.50 in the evening, I stayed on hold for 10 mins just to get a message at 9.00 to say that the offices were closed. And its not even a free phone or locall number - so my mobile bill felt the pain of that!! When I did get my bill I contacted UTV and expected them to refund the amount of money that I spent on the PAYG number and after 3 days of expalining, they said tough sh1t basically.

I e-mailed martin who used to post on here, since it was here that I first heard or UTVIP and I didn't even get a reply.

Dont get me wrong, I think what UTV are doing for irelands internet access is brilliant, but there is no point having these brilliant plans if you dont have the cop on to deal with customer problems. Dont forget "nothing is gained by winning an argument and loosing a customer".

Caroline,

Why dont you post a copy of this on the UTV support group it might help your cause?

You should have used the alternate UTVip XL number: 1890927750 (typing like this 13513,,1890927750 in your DUN to ensure it is routed through utv's network).

Advertisement