Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

City Slickers looking for a good time in the country!

• 01-03-2004 2:21pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 358 ✭✭

Hi. I am going to be taking a week off mid March with my girlfriend. We are both living and working in Dublin city centre and we would like to spend the week “down the country”!
    We want to move around a bit and stay no more than one night in each place we visit. We will be heading off on Monday morning 15th of March and returning on the Sunday.

I’m looking for ideas here. Where in Ireland are good places to go that maybe you have been before. We have a car so nowhere is too far away.

All suggestions are very welcome!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 302 ✭✭Auburn

Depends what you're looking for. Do you want to go sightseeing or are you looking for good nightlife, etc??

Where have you been before?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 358 ✭✭Philbert

Actually a bit of both would be nice! We have decided to spend a night in the following places: Kilkenny - Dunmore East - Kinsale - Dingle - Galway - Donegal, respectively!

We would like to do a bit of sightseeing/activities around these areas as we will be spending one day/night in each place. I can get a lot of this information from the internet but I was hoping somebody could give me some tips from experience.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 577 ✭✭✭KoNiT

You won't have much time for sightseeing in each area as you'll be too busy driving between each area & you'll need another holiday afterwards.
    Kilkenny & Galway are cities, the only thing you'll see are the hotels 'n streets. I would suggest going to both, but you would need a few days. I'm implying thts as you suggested "a few days in the country"

Graiguenamagh, just below Kilkenny, beautyfull town, It was when I was there 4 years ago, then again the sun was splitting the stones

Kinsale, good choice, lovely place - cullinary centre of Ireland

Dingle, never stayed there but visited twice Its a few hours drive from Kinsale
    I stayed in Killarney - Gleneagle hotel breaks 3-4 days Bed Brekky & evening meal (two resturants) which are good value & worth it. From Kilarney you can visit muckross house, gap of dungloe, Dingle, Ring of Kerry (as long as Kerry doesn't mind :rolleyes: )

To me Kerry is a holiday in itself

Instead of Galway try Lisdoonvarna or Lahinch Co. Clare or Kinvara Co. Galway

Donegal, we stayed at the Hyland hotel a few years back. Its on the Diamond (town square) Again if you want to drive around the hill of Donegal, you;ll need a few days Or you could go further north into Donegal and stay in Muff, which is a favorite spot for some........:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 358 ✭✭Philbert

From Kilarney you can visit muckross house, gap of dungloe, Dingle, Ring of Kerry (as long as Kerry doesn't mind )
    Lol!

Thanks for the tips KoNiT. Youre probably right though were trying to do too much in too little time.

Advertisement