Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom line - get unbundled by esat?

• 01-03-2004 3:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 599 ✭✭✭

I am in a small company - 13 to 14 people.
    I am installing dsl, i got eircom to install a new phone line for the dsl.
    I am going to go with Esat's 1mb dsl connection.
    Should i get esat to unbundle the line?
    This would mean i dont have to pay eircom any line rental?
    Do i have to pay esat line rental - do they charge line rental?
    Are there any other hidden costs?

Thanks!

toil

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

Originally posted by toil

This would mean i dont have to pay eircom any line rental?
    Do i have to pay esat line rental - do they charge line rental?
    Are there any other hidden costs?

Yeah once you get telephony removed from the line (by unbundling), you're FREE from eircom, no line rental, you just pay esat for the dsl.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,391 ✭✭✭jozi

does that mean my friend who lives in a new house and has a phone line into the house but not connected (subcribing to eircom) that he can get bb without paying eircom line rental?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,362 ✭✭✭the Guru

Originally posted by eth0_
    Yeah once you get telephony removed from the line (by unbundling), you're FREE from eircom, no line rental, you just pay esat for the dsl.

No this is very incorrect (Unless Esat have come out with some deal i have not heard off but i would find this very unlikely as they are not ready or LLU yet afaik) once you go through with LLU (local Loop unbundling) and move to esat or other OLO you will still have to pay line rental at what ever that company charges LR and then in turn they pay eircom.

So basically its a Eircom still get the line rental but they dont have to deal with any faults as the rental is with Esat etc....

Advertisement