Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Failed line tests - whats changed?

• 01-03-2004 3:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8,264 ✭✭✭

With all the recent developments, what has changed for those us who have failed lines in areas that are enabled.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,435 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

absolutely nothing i have been trying to get broadband since last september via the usual routes - local engineers etc my number now comes up on the chack as having exceeded some limit eircom only allow 120 checks on the website so i can't even depress myself to see if my line is still failing if anyone has any ideas, i've even written tp dermot ahern who is allegedly investigating why the line is failing. but the long and short is eircom will not improve the infrastructure to support broadband where the lines fail, havimg talked to the engineers they have said they have no authority to repair lines to take broadband as long as you get voice thats it (even a crappy dial up doesn't count as a fault)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,463 ✭✭✭shinzon

Why suddenly have all the local engineers done a turnabout and say they have no authority to fix lines for BB, when weve seen time and time and time again in here and the BB forum that theyve been quite willing to do this in the past for people

this whole situation is absolutely scandalous, its beyond words what these people have done to this country and its people since the buyout, we have been screwed and screwed and screwed again

words fail me

Shin

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,714 ✭✭✭Ryaner

I heard the engineers stopped doing work because of the new share deal their being offered with eircom. I was told that if any of them are seen to be doin outside work the dont qualify or something. I'm not sure how this works or how true it is.
    I didnt ask too many questions because I got my line back passing and got bb round that time neway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Originally posted by ednwireland
    absolutely nothing i have been trying to get broadband since last september via the usual routes - local engineers etc my number now comes up on the chack as having exceeded some limit eircom only allow 120 checks on the website so i can't even depress myself to see if my line is still failing
    I got that earlier too, but I just did it again there and it allowed me check it again (failed obviously). I checked another number before it, and then hit back and checked it, so maybe that fooled their crap script or something.

Horrible website anway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,705 ✭✭✭jd

Originally posted by Ryaner
    I heard the engineers stopped doing work because of the new share deal their being offered with eircom. I was told that if any of them are seen to be doin outside work the dont qualify or something. I'm not sure how this works or how true it is.
    that is rubbish, I'm afraid

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,435 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

I think the difference occurs when they have to put in new equipment if its just a short on the line and they can fix it they do. if it requires infrastructure improvements then it aint gonna happen cos they can't get it to roll it out cos eircom won't spend a cent until after the flotation to make the books look better.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,714 ✭✭✭Ryaner

Originally posted by jd
    that is rubbish, I'm afraid

As i said I didnt know how true it was. Thats what I was told when I was asking just thought I'd say cause it fitted here.

Advertisement