Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

actual size of laptop HDD

• 01-03-2004 4:00pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,718 ✭✭✭

is there anywhere online i could see a pic of the actual size of a laptop hdd namely this one .
    im tryin building an external HDD and am tryin to decided whether to go for a laptop HDD or a desktop. size is a factor and ive never actually seen a laptop Hdd. or failing that maybe a webpage that lets you input dimensions and lets u see em in 3d or something.
    thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Some of them vary in size from the standard but the standard is about 9.5 millimetres high, a shade over 2.5 inches wide and about 3.5 inches long.

(sorry about mixing metric & imperial)

edit: I see the drive you've linked to is listed as 7 cm x 10 cm x 0.95 cm. That'd be the usual

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,984 ✭✭✭✭Lump

7 cm x 10 cm x 9.5 mm

Get a ruler out, Draw it on a sheet of paper

John

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,718 ✭✭✭whosurpaddy

cheers lads

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Ah, thanks to Lump I now see what you want. Do what he said - anything on screen isn't going to help you as it's going to vary depending on your screen resolution

Advertisement