Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Boards.ie Quick and Dirty Renting Guide

1234568»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 179 ✭✭rinnin

Just remember with fridges: the higher the number the more it cools! So five would be the coldest and a one would be the warmest. Seems counterintuitive but that’s the way it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 AvaSatiVaLomu

Do people who have dogs mention it in their property enquiries? I've been flat out trying to find a place to rent for weeks, applying to every place in Dublin that's circa 2k, and either hearing nothing back or getting ghosted as soon as I mention dogs (My girlfriend has two highly-trained, quiet dogs). I've never tried to rent a place with dogs involved before. I don't know whether I'm being naive mentioning the animals up front or whether people normally just keep it to themselves and move in. Still, there's an accommodation crisis on, so maybe my frustration just stems from the lack of any available housing in general.

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭niallpatrick

Dirty toilet just walk out, one mistake I made was thinking the smell of fresh gloss was a good sign in our case it was anything but good. It was masking the smell of damp, no sooner moved in we'd a slug infestation coming from behind the skirting once the heating was turned on. First weekend I killed 26 slugs in the living room.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,206 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Lease on our house expires in Jan 24, landlord has mentioned about selling the house, not officially yet, just mentioned it. To be fair, said we could have first refusal, but we don't know we want it right now.

Can he just ask us to leave at the end of the lease, or does he still need to give the required notice (180 days)?

You wont have to move out when the lease expires, the landlord needs to give you notice officially and the notice period will depend on how long you've been there.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,206 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Thanks, we're there 2.5 years so far, so assume we have the 180 days even after the lease expires so. Good stuff 👍

Advertisement