Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bush's gay weddings war

Options
  • 01-03-2004 4:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,127 ✭✭✭

It's a long article but well worth the read.

thepost.ie

Comments

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 14,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭monument

His views on this might just save him from the anti-war vote.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,580 ✭✭✭uberwolf

gay marriages cheapen the sanctity of marriage

So what exactly was the impact of Britneys Spears "marriage"?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 211 ✭✭dictatorcat

Really interesting article, If Mass. gets the go ahead let's hope ireland really is closer to Boston than Berlin:)

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,991 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Originally posted by monument
    His views on this might just save him from the anti-war vote.
    He appears though - by the quoted polls - to be going too far. He wants to explicitly ban marriages at a constitution level. Currently, the constitution only recognises marriage (from a national perspective) as between a man and a woman. A state - such as Massachussetts - is free to change its interpretation but every other state can ignore it. So you can get married there, but the marriage means nothing if you trundled into Washington, or wherever. However, to deny a state the right to do that smacks of extreme heavy handed tactics and - as conservative as the American public CLEARLY are - I doubt they like the concept of something so concrete being applied.
    If I ever saw Bush with his born-again Christian rantings, I'd have a few nasty words for him.....

Advertisement