Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Infared Port

• 01-03-2004 4:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭

Could someone tell me how you activate it? I have one on My laptop and want to connect to my phone.

Im running Win Xp .

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭Gerry

Normally the port will be enabled, you can check this in control panel. But to connect to your phone, you will need to get software from the phone manufacturer. This should be available from their website.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭Pacifico

I have Nokia PC suite thing. It says i have active the port first. Cant find any info on the laptop as how to do it........

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Originally posted by Henry_14
    I have Nokia PC suite thing. It says i have active the port first. Cant find any info on the laptop as how to do it........

Intergrated Infrared can be activated in the BIOS. Check the Device Manager to see if its in the list if not use the BIOS to turn it on

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭spaczed

yeah, my dell came with the infra red disabled - it was just a matter of hitting the appropriate key on startup to get into the bios, and set the IR as com3 or com4. Worked a treat after that! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭Pacifico

Originally posted by spaczed
    yeah, my dell came with the infra red disabled - it was just a matter of hitting the appropriate key on startup to get into the bios, and set the IR as com3 or com4. Worked a treat after that! :)

Thanks man:D Working now, Excellent:D

• Advertisement
Advertisement