Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

XP problem

Options
  • 01-03-2004 4:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭

XP problem, I believe its an xp problem because none of the hardware has any problems and was working fine. Basically its gone super slow, its not loading up right, the task bar is there but I can't use it, none of the things on the desktop show up, can't use the pc! Installed Math lab and championship manager 2 reasonly, deleted cm2 but the problem remains. Any ideas?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭Pacifico

Virus/Spyware? or have you checked for these?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭GreenHell

Ran CWS shredder the other day got rid of all that crap. Running virus checker currently but I don't think thats the problem.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭Pacifico

Is it at startup? If so run Msconfig and untick some stuff you dont need to start up.

Edit: No icons on the desktop sound like a virus or something along those lines

• Registered Users Posts: 2,190 ✭✭✭UnrealQueen

Use System Restore. It's brill. Mine started going all funny but when i used this, it's perfect again.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Originally posted by GreenHell
    Ran CWS shredder the other day got rid of all that crap.
    Try running adaware or Spybot as well.

CW Shredder isn't designed to get rid of a lot of "all that crap" and hence it doesn't.

• Advertisement
Advertisement