Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Best Wrestlemania Match?

• 01-03-2004 4:43pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,461 ✭✭✭

Well now that the small hours are counting down towards the Grandaddy of 'em all. Whats your most memorable of wrestlemania matches? I've only ten slots to fill here so don't chew me up here if i miss any ;)

Nero

Best Wrestlemania match? 19 votes

Wrestlemania III - Randy Savage Vs. Ricky Steamboat
    0% 0 votes
    Wrestlemania V: Randy Savage Vs. Hulk Hogan
    10% 2 votes
    Wrestlemania VI: Hulk Hogan Vs. The Ultimate Warrior
    0% 0 votes
    Wrestlemania VII: Ultimate Warrior Vs. Randy Savage
    26% 5 votes
    Wrestlemania VIII: Randy Savage Vs. Ric Flair
    5% 1 vote
    Wrestlemania XI: Diesel V Shawn Michaels
    0% 0 votes
    Wrestlemania XII: Bret Hart Vs. Shawn Michaels
    0% 0 votes
    Wrestlemania 13: Bret Hart Vs. Steve Austin
    36% 7 votes
    Wrestlemania X7: Steve Austin Vs. The Rock
    10% 2 votes
    Wrestlemania X8: Rock Vs. Hulk Hogan
    10% 2 votes

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,030 ✭✭✭smiaras

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,640 ✭✭✭Gillie

Same as Simaras.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,718 ✭✭✭whosurpaddy

as much as id love to vote for savage vs steamboat, the most memorable match without a doubt is Hogan vs Woyah. I think it was the first face vs face match on a big WWF ppv, and people just didnt know what to make of it, and i marked out like crazy when hogan carried the belt into the ring and gave it to warrior.

honourable mention to savage Vs Hogan at WM5. this one is memorable to me as i was the only one cheering for savage in my entire family, and was so devastated when he lost.

i love the fact that savage is the wrestler most featured in the matches selected btw

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,461 ✭✭✭NeroTheExtreme

I picked Savage V Steamboat due to the pure wrestling that was involved in it. The match was way ahead of its time and doesn't get half the credit it deserves.

Weird story that happened after that title change. Steamboat was booked to have it for a while, but asked for time off to spend time with his wife who was about to pop with his first born. Vince for pissed off so he gave him notice and had Steamboat drop the belt to Butch Reed, but he was out injured so Hogan suggested Honky. Honky was then meant to drop the title back to Savage at a Saturday Nights Main Event at the end of 87, but he threatened to Jump to NWA so Vince let him keep it and Promised Savage the big one at Wrestlemania IV.

As a result, Dibiase got robbed because he was meant to win the tourney. All Hail Terry Boelea! Although it set up the biggest angle of the 80s with the Megapowers and what not.

Nero

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,718 ✭✭✭whosurpaddy

did u edit the title nero? couldve sworn it originally said wrestlemania's most memorable match? maybe im just goin blind.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,461 ✭✭✭NeroTheExtreme

Too much of that, so they say.
    Title was Best Wrestlemania match, i said most memorable in the accompanying message. :)

There is a lot of Savage matches, I just had a hard time picking and I wasn't gonna put three Austin V Rock's in there!

Nero

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭Exit

Voted for Hart v Michaels Iron Man match. Probably my favourite match of all time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 179 ✭✭Fearo

Has to be Hulk V Warrior. Defo my fav match ever. Was hoping Hulk would win but still amazing!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 181 ✭✭The Phenom

M i vote for Bret Hart v Shawn Micheals Iron Man match that was brilliant.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭oneofakind32

I voted hbk V Bret because it was the best on the list. but the best WM match was TLCII

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭Hanza

Where the Terry Funk is TLC2. Come on Nero, I know your not the biggets Hardys fan, but twas one of the best matches of all time...

I guess Im gonna go with Bret V Shawn then

Hanza

Advertisement