Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New UTV Broadband prices

Options
12346»

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,448 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

I feel that strongly about it even though, as you know, I am usually one of the first people to defend UTV.

Thats why I was so surprised at the strength of your protest. I think its very pettyminded of them to say the least. But it also sounds out another warning - if theres another development price wise say in 6-9 months time will they do the same thing? I think the sub 30 euro thing is great and it makes the demise of phone up connections inevitable i think after all lots of people are paying 25 euro for dial up unlimited now.

I also have another worry and that is about UTV's willingness to provide the extra resource staff wise to cope but I have criticised them enough for now:)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

Originally posted by Valentia
    Can't really escape them here can I? :dunno:

You know you can block users on boards so you don't see their posts :OP

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,764 ✭✭✭Valentia

What? And have nothing to give out about? Shhh;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭jonski

Originally posted by dub45
    And a gentle reminder to John according to the newsgroup you did suffer some of these breaks:)

TBH I didn't need a reminder , if I had just looked on my desk I would have seen my dial up modem next to my adsl one . So I went back on newsgroup and read through my posts and recently I have had to resort to dialup twice . Both on weekends + that username & pswd thing , where UTV eventually had to set me up with a new a/c . Also checking on my bills I had to resort to using dial midweek aswell .
    But then again I thought it was up to me to get the ping thing sorted and your job to sort out the rest .:D

But then again I thought it was up to me to get the ping thing sorted and your job to sort out the rest .

Ah yeah good cop bad cop stuff! :D And guess who is cast as the poor bad cop!

Well your niceness seems to be getting some attention to the pings so keep it up.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,669 ✭✭✭DMT

This is turning into a flame war.
    I don't like that.

/me uses imaginary moderator powers to lock thread...

I thought we had all started getting on grand and agreed to differ where we differ and continue to lash UTV over the contract:)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭jonski

Originally posted by DMT
    This is turning into a flame war.
    I don't like that.

/me uses imaginary moderator powers to lock thread...

I'm really enjoying this , and bear no malice towards anyone with any opinions on the thread . As a matter of fact I'd love to have met ye all in a pub and continued this .

John.

Some times threads need to be left go on to see where they end , and most of us know each other anyways ( forumly {yeah I know -a new word} speaking)

I'm really enjoying this , and bear no malice towards anyone with any opinions on the thread . As a matter of fact I'd love to have met ye all in a pub and continued this .

I agree totally John unfortunately sometimes humor, irony or whatever does not translate too well in cyberspace and posts can seem a bit hard when down in black and white.

Basically all we want is a totally uninterrupted service for half a crown, incredibly good pings. a support service manned 36 hours a day by 800 all knowing suport people with impeccable courtesy endless patience (who actualy anticipate breakdowns and fix them in advance) yeah its the Carslberg version of bb we are seeking nay demanding!!!!! oh and of course no contracts with service like that who would need them?:ninja: :cool: :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,797 ✭✭✭Paddy20

What a bunch of pettifoggers. You'll never be happy.

P. :ninja:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,007 ✭✭✭Moriarty

.... and paddy20 tips this thread over the edge.

Locked.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement