Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vodafone webtext not working?

Options
  • 01-03-2004 6:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 651 ✭✭✭

Vodafone webtext has been telling me all day "Unfortunately your message could not be sent as you have used your allocation for this 30 day period." when i had over 280 left on friday,anyone else getting this?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭Peace

Indeed...i though i was alone on this...

I had over 250 left as of friday evening and today i'm getting exactly the same as youself.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭robo

I tried to send a message around 1pm and I got a server error message, try later. So I think that they are having problems at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,580 ✭✭✭uberwolf

yeah, been getting that all day as well. hopefully twill be fixed 2m

• Registered Users Posts: 7,580 ✭✭✭uberwolf

news just in, I got the server error msg but still got a reply from the person who I sent it to...

Well i can now get to the page that allows me to type a message but when i sent it it gave me the ole server error confalburation.

Indeed.... they seem to be sipping the ole fire water today in vodafone.

Perhaps when they sober up they'll sort the web page so that it doesn't take 60 seconds to load each different page.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,264 ✭✭✭✭Standard Toaster

Still the same :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,027 ✭✭✭flywheel

after waiting for the pages to load this morning... - i'm getting that error too (but had "cc"ed myself and it got through to me)

BrianG

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭shoegirl

Its still down as of 10:00 today. And the whole site is still painfully slow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭shepthedog

Its a joke, they finally give ppl a decent amount of messages and then the bloody site wont work.. jokers...

apparently since 9am when I had over 250 left, now I'm told after waiting for the pages to load...
    Unfortunately your message could not be sent as you have used your allocation for this 30 day period.
    BrianG

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Kali

the programmers probably over-looked something called "leap years" :)

Thank you for benefiting from our 300 FREE webtext messages.

Unfortunately your message could not be sent as you have used your allocation for this 30 day period.

And its gone back to this crap again....

Vodafone are the best of the best..

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,993 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Originally posted by Kali
    the programmers probably over-looked something called "leap years" :)
    That's what I was thinking! Idiots. There's little excuse for that kind of gross incompetence. Has anybody rang them and bitched appropriately?

Here's a joke I thought of - possibly suitable for the Humour board:

Vodafone

What a good joke by me....

• Registered Users Posts: 10,264 ✭✭✭✭Standard Toaster

They seems to have pulled the finger out. I could send a text to myself no problem. Still damn slow though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 190 ✭✭Colly

Yeah when I found the site slow I did log a customer complaint form online through there super slow site. It said our customer support will get back to you within 24 hrs and it is like a week ago now and I still haven't heard from them, but I am not going to push it as the site seems to be back to a reasonable speed now.

slowed to a crawl again today :(

BrianG

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Kali

Noticed that the server that vodafone.ie is running on is listed in the top500 supercomputers in the world (#486).. must be their bandwidth that sucks :)

Advertisement