Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ISDN & CABLE

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭Vorosha

that's so funny the way you've created this fictitious relationship between us, the dramatic break-up? oh I JUST LOVE IT! can I use this joke sometime? I'll credit you of course, the true originator, wow...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Jaden

You don't bring me flowers,
    I don't sing you love songs....

Hail To The King, Baby.

Jaden.

you're a dick

I'm hurt. Really. I am.

Hail To The King, Baby.

Jaden.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,074 ✭✭✭damo

i hope you learned your lesson jaden: the truth hurts

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭Sonic

From the horses mouth

Chorus PowerNet
    Wireless Service Pricing Structure

Residential

High speed modem Installation IRP 150.00 inc. VAT
    Monthly Rental IRP 40.00 inc. VAT
    Monthly Flat rate Download limit 3Gb
    Volume charge above limit 2p per MB

Subject to a min. twelve month contract

Option of self install or using a recommended IT install company
    Payable directly to the authorised IT install company

Software Install IRP 48.00 inc. VAT
    Software/ Ethernet card Install IRP 99.00 inc. VAT (to include a specified d-link ethernet card)
    Software/ USB to Ethernet adapter IRP TBA

NB Above amounts are payable COD directly to authorized install partner

Business Services

High speed modem installation IRP 299.00 exc. VAT

Single PC connection
    Monthly rental IRP 79.00 exc. VAT
    Monthly Flat rate Download limit 6Gb
    Volume charge above limit 2p per MB

Network LAN connection

Customer must have less than 20 computers on the network.

Zyxel 312 Broadband IP router TBA
    Monthly rental IRP 150.00 exc. VAT
    Flat rate download limit 10Gb
    Volume charge above limit 1p per MB

Subject to a min. twelve-month contract

Payable directly to the authorised IT install company

Single PC install
    Software Install IRP 48.00 exc. VAT
    Software/ Ethernet card Install IRP 99.00 exc. VAT (to include a specified d-link ethernet card)
    Software/ USB to Ethernet adapter IRP TBA

LAN installation IRP 65.00 exc. VAT per hour subject to site survey
    By authorised IT install company

NB Above amounts are payable COD or by account directly to the authorized install partner

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭Sonic

what i meant to say was, chorus for quake, snl for surfing PLASSEY BEGONE ! ill be checking out the connect sometime this week nice...

Do I live in a world of hurt?
    No.
    Would I want to?
    Not a chance.

Most people realise somewhere in their late teens that they are not, in fact, tortured souls, cruelly cursed with a genius that no-one else could possibly understand.

It seems you haven't quite got there yet Vorosha. But don't worry, not everyone grows up at the same rate.

As for "you're a dick" (sad lack of proper punctuation), Surely the mighty, self-touted wit of Daire can do better than that as a retort.

In some vain attempt to keep to the topic (I at least should try), I would recommend getting ISDN. Telecomms on this Island is in the dark ages, and it isn't going to get better any time soon. Especially if you're in the sticks like me. ISDN is playable, but LAN it ain't, so don't have too high an expectation.

Hail To The King, Baby.

Jaden.

you'd probably feel more at home on the humour board?
    you are such a dick

Illegitimi Non Carborundum

Hail To The King, Baby.

Jaden.

• Advertisement

jadens life, a world of hurt? i doubt it. ignorance is bliss.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 151 ✭✭BogOak

You're all poxy c*nts. I don't see why you attempt to differentiate between one nerdy poxbottle and the next. You all look and sound the same to me. Especially you Jaden you ****ing nutbag.

bogoak

[This message has been edited by BogOak (edited 01-02-2001).]

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 9,521 Mod ✭✭✭✭BossArky

**** I'm Jaded.

This typifies the level of social dysfunction that some people are afflicted with.

Time to grow up little boy.

Hail To The King, Baby.

Jaden.

jaden, you typify the level of nerdy sh*tface that i am afflicted with.

bogoak

i can't see by your posts on the internet how you've grown up to become so companionable and such a social pleasure.
    however, in the internet gaming society, i hereby label you SOCIALLY APT. forever may you carry this label, forever may you weep as years pass you by, as girls pass you by. may you die alone content that DeVore and Toulouse once, an age ago, found you're internet text companionable and socially pleasurable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 95 ✭✭FutureQuakeDood

AH YES VEROSHA! The moanings of a muppet EARS have long but had enough of. It seems afew more sucks on your mothers teeth and maybe your first steps are very recent a thing? I think you FAIL To hear the views of others and are only content when your disrupting and distracting the minds of players who just feel like a DUEL would be FANTASTIC!?! How many times have I had enough of your LAME ASS replys?
    TOO MANY!!
    verosha --''YOU ARE A D**K'' this is just basic insulting and just nothing that needs population on our threads.i know you are not alone and sure JADEN is keeping you on your toes etc.etc. but can u not shut-up and let other people speak?!? JESUS YOUR LIKE A SMALL MAN TRYING TO BE A BIG ONE!>!?! ARE YOU??!?!

I think and so do others that maybe if you acted your age and not your shoe size we'd all be better off. unlike jaden however i DO NOT find you witty or never have done! if you think i am an audience aburst with laughter you are FAR WRONG! ONE last thing before I lose the head and say something I might regret -

GET OFF YOUR HIGH HORSE AND JOIN THE WREST OF US and if you want to communicate with someone than use the E-MAIL!! oh and JADEN you are no saint either I think you'll agree but I like you, I just think you need STOP trying to sort out the minds of others maybe?

ANY WAYS,
    FQD

Jaden, if I have ever lost any faith in myself and my abilities you have just reinstated it. You are the laughingstock of my mind.

Jaden you ****ing wancsac. How dare you a) insinuate that Daire and I are one and the same person and b) direct this incredibly embarrassing lecture on "growing up" at me. Your serious tone throughout this irrelevant rant made me really feel for you. You must have a tough time in the real world if you feel the need to chastise people for behaving in a manner on the boards that to some would be considered humourous. Your insecurity and lack of love for yourself comes through powerfully here. I won't even look back on this post in five minutes never mind all my posts some time in the distant future. If someone was taking the **** out of some politician on telly it would sound very silly indeed to suggest that he do it by email. Daire is taking the **** out of you for our enjoyment and enjoy it we certainly do. You may like Daire but I doubt if the thought of liking or disliking you ever even enters his head. You poxy fucface.

bogoak

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 High_Ping_King

who is this jaden muppet anyway?

whoever it is, can you not see that they don't care for your feelings, you're just pathetic and easy to make a fool of.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,074 ✭✭✭damo

no he cant see that, and thats a big part of the reason why its fun to take the **** out of his slow minded nerdy self

Vorosha/Bogoak,

You have issues. Nothing that requires therapy, just a small bit of growing up.

It has long been recognised that you are merely an insecure little soul, propelled into an avalanche of inane posting by a need to feel listened to. You are concerned that your opinions my not be important to others, so you compensate by bombarding these boards with your viewpoint on everything. Usually in the form of a "witty" retort, hoping to gain a quick laugh, and therefore acceptance as a worthwhile human being. You are free to do so. Some time in the future, you'll look back on all these posts, and fail to recall why you pumped out all this drivel.

If you want to vent all those pent up frustrations on me, again, fire away. But do it by E-Mail, this is not the forum. You of course, wouldn't even think about doing that, because, let's face it, every Jester requires an audience. Without other people to witness this wit and wisdom of yours, there is no appeal to engaging these talents, is there?

As for:
    forever may you weep as years pass you by, as girls pass you by,

It almost sounds like a prelude to a p1ssing contest, something akin to "My Dad could beat up your Dad". I am secure enough not to enter into such a comparison between you and I. Seemingly you aren't.

I like you, in a way Daire, you remind me of when I was young and stupid. But the novelty is wearing thin. Cop on.

PS. Santy doesn't exist. (Sorry Kharn).

Hail To The King, Baby.

Jaden.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 852 ✭✭✭m1ke

ehh...
    somebody phone the wannabe trendy intellectual retort police.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 High_Ping_King

Yes, why Bike?......eh, Mike

It appears satire is beyond some people here. For those too stupid to know which way up to hold a dictionary, here's a definition:

From Webster's Revised Unabridged Dictionary (1913) [web1913]:

Satire \Sat"ire\ (?; in Eng. often ?; 277), n. [L. satira,
    satura, fr. satura (sc. lanx) a dish filled with various
    kinds of fruits, food composed of various ingredients, a
    mixture, a medley, fr. satur full of food, sated, fr. sat,
    satis, enough: cf. F. satire. See {Sate}, {Sad}, a., and cf.
    {Saturate}.]
    1. A composition, generally poetical, holding up vice or
    folly to reprobation; a keen or severe exposure of what in
    public or private morals deserves rebuke; an invective
    poem; as, the Satires of Juvenal.

2. Keeness and severity of remark; caustic exposure to
    reprobation; trenchant wit; sarcasm.

Syn: Lampoon; sarcasm; irony; ridicule; pasquinade;
    burlesque; wit; humor.

Yes I do care about you. I am in fact the founding member of The ISPCT, or Irish Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Trolls.

I lie awake at night, worrying about all you little people. It bothers me that your fragile sensitivities might be adversely affected by this terrible world. I want to help you, because I love you. I love you all. I want to advise and hug you. I really do. I feel almost like your emotional mommy.
    It fills me with maternal pride when I see the product of your angelic little minds spewed out before me on my screen.

Here's todays advice:

Daire and Damo. Meet, and hold hands. Feel the joy that is derived from the touch of another. Run and skip together with childish glee. Then, while still locked in this merry embrace, find a bus, and fling yourselves under it, before either of you get a chance to breed.

Hail To The King, Baby.

Jaden.

dick1 (dk)
    n. Slang

A detective.

dick2 (dk)
    n.

Chiefly British. A fellow; a guy.
    Vulgar. Slang A penis.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,007 ✭✭✭Moriarty

some good conversation about cable & ISDN, i have to say..

*shrug*

Moriarty
    moriarty@gamersfm.com

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Bogoak = Vorosha.

Sad as ever. Locking this post to avoid sucking interesting content from other posts into this void.

DeV.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement