Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea sign Robben

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 947 ✭✭✭LanceStorm

As I Chelsea fan(pre-takeover!!), im delighted that we signed him!!
    Duff can play in any position on the left, and will not be benched!! He has been Chelsea's best signing by far so I doubt Ranieri would just drop him!!

There will be a massive amount of Chelsea players leaving this summer, Stanic(who we always see sitting behind raneri each game), Bogarde(why are they paying him to sit at home and do nothing?), Petit(out classed by his fellow midfielders), Macho(goalkeeper, has necer played for chelsea, first team or reserve!!), Desailly(unfortunitly he's getting past his sell by date, but what a player!!)

That should clean out most of the crap, and de-clutter the number of players after a place!!

Also If any striker will leave Chelsea in the summer, itl prob be hasselbaink, he's so selfish and without the ball he offers nothing!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,951 ✭✭✭✭Villain

Duff says that the signing was like a kick in th teeth for him

Duff Concerned over transfer

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Was it Duff who made some comments earlier on in the season about there being too many players in the Chelsea squad? They'll have to be careful, having too many players is as bad as having too few.

• Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭[DF]Lenny

I think you will be seeing a big clearout in Chelsea this summer...think Zenden/Forsell/Bogarde/Petit/Desailly/Melchiot/Babayaro and probably Hassellbank or Gudjonsen too.They will trim their wage bill considerably,Kenyon a'int just there to sign people..heads will roll.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

zenden plays for boro

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

Originally posted by kaids
    zenden plays for boro
    He's only there on loan.

Ranieri will buy at least one more striker so I can see Gudjohnsen going too. Gronkjaer won't go but should. Cole definitely won't be there next season aswell.

Dunno 'bout Cole ..I think there will be very few teams willing to pay his (hugely overated) wages.I think he's a bit of a one trick pony myself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 252 ✭✭elbow316

Can see Cole maybe moving to Spurs in the summer - would keep in line with their policy of having a lightweight midfield quartet who don't want to tackle the opposition :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 450 ✭✭James R

Depends on who the new Spurs boss is really. If its Mancini/Trapatoni/some other kinda Italian then they probably will look for more solid players because Italy is based heavily on defence.

Incidentally, I don't know how much you can read into newspaper reports, but read in the Star on Thursday that Alex Ferguson was monitoring the Joe Cole situation. Apparently hes tracked him since he was 16 and is going to make a move in the summer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭smuckers

Macho is injured, he's a decent goalie. Yea I also saw that in The Star, take it like a pinch of salt to be honest.:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭growler

Bogarde(why are they paying him to sit at home and do nothing?),

because he is on a contract and doesnt feel any need to take a drastic cut in wages, you can't really blame the guy !

I doubt Gudjonhson will leave, but Jimmy seems to be themost likely front man to go, it would be nice to have Forsell back he is a great talent and manages to score a lot of goals without getting a lot of service. Carlton Cole is another option.

I'm surprised by Duff's comments but as it was a SUN story I guess the chances are he wasn't even talking about football at the time, if indeed he was even talking to a Sun journo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 Scammo

The only reason Duff said that is because he's injury prone and when he inevitably gets injured next season he knows Robben will take his place and play well enough to get his game on a regular basis....

.....although Ranieri's rotation policy will probably throw my theory out the window!!!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

Originally posted by growler
    I'm surprised by Duff's comments but as it was a SUN story I guess the chances are he wasn't even talking about football at the time, if indeed he was even talking to a Sun journo.
    I was on the Chelsea's BBC 606 board and all the fans are saying it is just tabloid talk. Of course any player in the world wouldn't want competition for their place so I don't know why people get so suprised to hear players say it.

Ranieri is going a bit mad though. All they need is about 11 world class players. I actually can't even think of a team which have world class players sitting on the bench never mind having to fight to get on the bloody bench. It can't be good for the club and they definitely won't win anything with all that rotation.

D'ont be too sure ,its a policy that works well in other sports(mostly american)and its surely only a matter of time before it takes place in footy.

Advertisement