Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Symmantec Norton Systemworks Professional

Options
  • 01-03-2004 11:19pm
    Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,486 ✭✭✭

Hey everyone,

just installed SystemworksPro on a WinXP system (2GHz CPU/256MB RAM/80GB Disk).

I've noticed an awful lot of disk activity to the point where the HDD is never idle - i know this is because of the constant scanning that Systemworks does.

What would be the best settings to ensure reasonable protection while lowering the amount of HDD activity just a little bit?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 815 ✭✭✭mickeyboymel

Check each application individually to see what you require, then prevent the ones you do not need from loading with windows. I found it very hard on resources and it also likes to have everything loaded at start up

Personally I do not use the following

System Doctor, Password Manager, Goback , Connection Keep Alive

You can prevent everything from loading until needed in the options menu, and also disable the automatic live update and task/scan schedulers and do manual scans and updates once a week (liveupdates usually released on Wed)

Sign up for email alerts from Symantech for critical virus alerts in case you miss any liveupdates "midweek"

Edit: Using Windows System Restore and Norton Go Back at the same time effect the preformance....decide which is best and disable the other

Im sure someone a bit more technically experienced can advise you better here, but thats my experience of this product

Advertisement