Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

1 year lease

Options
  • 01-03-2004 11:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 126 ✭✭

Im looking for an apartment at the moment and all the decent ones have a 1 year lease on them, but I probably wont be staying that long. What would happen if I left like 3 months early or something? Would I just lose my deposit or could he sue me? Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78,387 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Originally posted by substr
    Would I just lose my deposit or could he sue me? Thanks
    Both could happen. If you suspect you may be leaving early, just ask can you agree to a shorter lease or if you can include a cluse whereby you would be responsible for providing a suitable replacement tenent if you leave.

Rents are falling at the moment and having a wad of cash in you hand may encourage a lanlord to settle for a shorter period. However, there is the risk of having ot pay a higher rent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 126 ✭✭substr

Thanks Victor
    Just one more question now that you mentioned the rent price, is around €800-€900/month the going rate for a dublin city centre apartment? particularly looking at the ifsc

• Registered Users Posts: 78,387 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Originally posted by substr
    Thanks Victor
    Just one more question now that you mentioned the rent price, is around €800-€900/month the going rate for a dublin city centre apartment? particularly looking at the ifsc
    Yeah, €900 seems about right. IFSC is likely to be €100-200 more expensive and potentially a lot more expensive. You are probably better off financially if you can get someone to share a two-bed for €1,300-1,500.

http://www.daft.ie/ and use > Rent > Full Search Options will give you a good guide to prices (remember these are asking prices and with a bit a dropping price a landlord might agree a slightly lower rent, especially if you agree to a lease).

Advertisement