Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What questions would you ask an alien if you met one?

Options
  • 02-03-2004 12:03am
    Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭

What questions would you ask an alien:eek: if you met one?

This question was asked in New Scientist a few years ago, to which there were some witty replies.

http://archive.newscientist.com/secure/article/article.jsp?rp=1&id=mg1522061A.900
    Requires registration :( Search archive for roswell incident and choose last link 21/12/1996

My favourite is "Did your insurance premiums go up after the Roswell incident?":D

While as a mundane human, I can't answer, but what question would you ask?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Wheres the Black Obelisk?

Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 761 ✭✭✭PrecariousNuts

I would be interested in knowing how they managed to speak the same language as me, then I would like to know if they have the same maths and physics principles like calculus and topology as us.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 91,758 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Their maths would be similar - though differant symbols and number base.

Probably best not to ask religous or political questions.

(NS. link needs username/password)

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭atheist

My 7 day free trial expired if someone else wants to signup and copy the article.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 579 ✭✭✭Da_cOmRaDe_MiKe

id ask them the most un answered question of all time. its been asked so much lately and no one can simply answer it. I dont ever know if there will be an answer but i hope someone can answer it soon..

HOW DO YOU GET THE FIGS INTO THE FIG ROLLS!?!?!?!?!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 137 ✭✭124124

(Marge Simpson): You couldn't possibly kill AAAALLL the politicians!!!.. hmm, could you?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 91,758 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Actually one of the most important questions to ask is..

When you have Cobolt-60 (radioactive) in very strong magnetic field generated by an electric current, which way are the electrons ejected relative to the way the ones in the electric field are moving ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 161 ✭✭joshcork

Opposite :confused:

a good thing to ask a alien do ya wana go for a pink?

whats another great way to start an intergalactic empire with a pint? ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,514 ✭✭✭Sleipnir

Originally posted by Capt'n Midnight

When you have Cobolt-60 (radioactive) in very strong magnetic field generated by an electric current, which way are the electrons ejected relative to the way the ones in the electric field are moving ?

Not very friendly for a first question is it? :D

how about
    "howarya?"

Just don't shake hands till they've given you an answer..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 495 ✭✭Beëlzebooze

Originally posted by Capt'n Midnight

you'd ask them if they could tell left from right?

anyhoo, I'd want to know if Barbarella has a younger sister who is single.......

Advertisement