Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox Live....

Options
  • 02-03-2004 2:38am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭

i just want to know is X-Box live worth it?:confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭BluE-WinG

It completely changes playing games by yourself on a Saturday night... It IS worth it IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

€6.99 a month?

It's more than worth it in fairness.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

Originally posted by BluE-WinG
    It completely changes playing games by yourself on a Saturday night... It IS worth it IMO.

that sentence is a real reflection on your social life

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭wataru

Hey guys,
    what kinda set-up do you use to connect to xbox live?
    Cos in the student res I live in we have a high speed network t3 or something and i was wondering if it was possible to connect to it directly?

thanx in advance....

JayJay

• Registered Users Posts: 5,460 ✭✭✭shinzon

Has anyone actually successfully connected to x-box live over a wireless broadband connection

Just curious

Shin

• Advertisement

Originally posted by shinzon
    Has anyone actually successfully connected to x-box live over a wireless broadband connection

Just curious

Shin

I've connected perfectly through Irish Broadband.

Originally posted by project-mayhem
    that sentence is a real reflection on your social life

Social lives are overrated.

I've connected perfectly through Irish Broadband.

What did you need to do to get it setup, im hopefuly going to be a getting a wireless bb connection soon, ive been reading forums where you have to manually enter an ip addy

Shin

Shinzon I have a 4 port wireless router that connects to my Irish broadband Wireless connection. I then have a cable from the router to my xbox... I imagine setting it up would be the same as any normal connection.

Enter an IP address gateway and dns and off you go...

Are you buying the MS Wireless BB adapter?

Best way to do it is get a 4 port router That you configure a network on. 192.168.0.1 range or so, and then enter a IP on your xbox 192.168.0.2 and gateway as 192.168.0.1 with DNS settings provided by your provider.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,980 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

I have a wireless connection aswell, works fine, just plug your wireless connection into a wireless router, and connect the Xbox to it.

Takes the *.*.*.64 ip on my router automatically.

• Advertisement

thx for the info guys, im going with the irishwan group in waterford, there going to be setting up a node where i live within the next month or 2 so i should be setup and ready to go by then

which router is the best to use for wireless

Cheers for the advice

Shin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,321 ✭✭✭neokenzo

I'm kinda new with this Xbox live so please bear with me
    Originally posted by Bard
    €6.99 a month?
    What is that €6.99 a month for?
    Originally posted by Giblet
    I have a wireless connection aswell, works fine, just plug your wireless connection into a wireless router, and connect the Xbox to it.
    Where did you get the wireless plug and how much did it cost?

As I understand it, I need to get the Xbox Live thingy with cost around €200. Am I right?

Originally posted by neokenzo
    I'm kinda new with this Xbox live so please bear with me

What is that €6.99 a month for?

As I understand it, I need to get the Xbox Live thingy with cost around €200. Am I right?

IMO €6.99 per month is quite expensive, Why not just buy the headset + 1yrs subscription for €60 from your local Smyths/Game/HMV etc. Thats what I did :)

Where does the money go, Who knows. I guess youre just paying for membership to Live! I dont believe its a ripoff because other online games require monthly fees of €10 for ONE game. This is for ALL Xbox Live! Games... A decent deal IMO.

The headset is €30 on its own, or €60 for a years subscription and headset (Thats €5 a month!) And a free headset. Whered you hear €200???

Not sure where I saw it for €200. If I am not mistaken, saw it on Eircom's website for their 3G stores. Also, I think i saw it in one of the stores. Probably my mistake.

So, all I need is the XBox Live Starter Pack and I get start playing it online?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 781 ✭✭✭Jorinn

IMO €6.99 per month is quite expensive, Why not just buy the headset + 1yrs subscription for €60 from your local Smyths/Game/HMV etc. Thats what I did :)

Where does the money go, Who knows. I guess youre just paying for membership to Live! I dont believe its a ripoff because other online games require monthly fees of €10 for ONE game. This is for ALL Xbox Live! Games... A decent deal IMO.

The headset is €30 on its own, or €60 for a years subscription and headset (Thats €5 a month!) And a free headset. Whered you hear €200???
    Yes, but um, PS2 network play is free?

Originally posted by Jorinn
    Yes, but um, PS2 network play is free?

Heh loads of Irish people on PS2 network play :rolleyes:

So what do I need to get my play my ps2 online?

A broadband adapter for it... I dont know much about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,375 ✭✭✭kmick

Xbox live is great I play counter strike, gotham racing 2 mainly. I bought the Subscription kit which had headphones, and 12 months subscription well worth it. The PS2 thing is free but very flaky and you still pay for the adapter almost as much as the kit. Wireless gaming is not worth it. Wireless is too flaky. If I were you have your xbox wired. It works much better and you dont end up entereing IP's and crap like that which is fine if you are interested in waiting in line on the end of a phone for custmer support at €1 a minute.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭Squall

Live is great fun. Can really enhance alot of games that are only mediocre at best in single player. Like Crimson skies . Single player is pretty decent if somewhat short but multiplayer will keep ya entertained for weeks. Downloadable content helps too. New maps, vehicles, missions..whatever. Its not that expensive compared to say the monthly cost of a MMORPG and the service is very solid and is being improved all teh time with new features being added every few months. Well worth it in my opinion.
    It works much better and you dont end up entereing IP's and crap like that which is fine if you are interested in waiting in line on the end of a phone for custmer support at €1 a minute.

Depends on what kind of broadband setup youve got. Wireless or not some services still need you to enter IP's.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 24 pharMinator

Has any1 got PS2 online and Xbox Live? How do they stack up?

Has PS2 gone official yet? How come I havent heard anything about it?

Sony normally scream from the rooftops about sumting like that??

Advertisement