Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS2 Online

Options
  • 02-03-2004 10:16am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 492 ✭✭

This may seem a stupid question, but I assume newtwork play has been launched in Ireland and all I would need is broadband and a network adapter

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

has it? i wouldn't have noticed it... it's out in the UK but if it's out here, judging by the lack of advertising and stores pushing it, it's not working very well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,030 ✭✭✭smiaras

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 492 ✭✭rcunning03

It's weird, when I go onto ie.playstation site it seems to be available but I've never seen an ad for it, anyway I'm sure it'll be launched before final fantasy xi gets released over here.

ffxi is being released soon on the ps2 in America, ffxi on the pc is out August (according to amazon) so it should be here in less than a year

• Advertisement

Does anyone know if final fantasy vii is getting a release (not advent children) ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭fattakin

Online is definately not getting a big push, MOH: RS is a decent blast online, but really poor compared to PC online WW2 games ( Enemy Territory springs to mind )

• Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭DrEvil

PS2 online has been only partially released here. The adapter has been released by Playstation here and is available to buy in shops. It's that it just hasn't been "offically" released, hence the lack of advertising and stores not pushing it.

This i believe is due to the fact that sony only release it when there's a decent level of broadband usage in the country and now that this is starting to happen they are starting the beta testing.

if you want to get it you can and there's no real reason why it shouldn't work

anyway i'm getting it very soon and can't wait to use it as i'm a bit bored of PC games in that the only real good online ones r FPS and Command & Conquer type games whereas on the consoles there's a great variety of game types like fifa/ssx3/midnight club2/ tony hawks/socom

Advertisement