Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BB self install & monitored alarm

• 02-03-2004 11:00am
    Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭

Hi folks,

I've just signed up for a BB self install package from Netsource, however I've just remembered that I've got a monitored alarm system and was wondering how my self install is likely impact on this?

Should I just get an installer out to avoid any complications

Any pointers or pit falls would be appreciated but not too techy ;)

thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,806 ✭✭✭Xcellor

From my understanding... (which is limited) You shouldnt even be attempting to install it yourself. Most of the other companies demand that if you have a system like that an onsite engineer is required to install it...

Maybe things have changed but you better phone netsource to confirm either way

Xcellor

• Closed Accounts Posts: 193 ✭✭Da Man

The problem is that the Phonewatch unit is tapped into your phone line somewhere so it needs to be filtered like any phone. I presume the engineer sticks in a filter between the Phonewatch unit and where ever it's connected to your phone line.

Advertisement