Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Windows Language prob

Options
  • 02-03-2004 11:28am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,638 ✭✭✭

Alright, i got a loan of a old laptop off my mate to install some recording software on. he told me there was something wrong with it so i thought id fix that bad boy. Turns out The whole feckin thing is in Chinese. Ive botch jobbed changing the keyboard layouts and stuff but its still all in Chinese. is there a way to reset it ti english again?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,336 ✭✭✭Frank Grimes

You'll have to reinstall an English version of the OS onto it.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Ah right, I had a guy come in with something similar. Most of his window menus, dialogues, and some control panels were in Dutch (or maybe German). I installed an English version over the current install (didn't want to format) but it made no difference. I told him to upgrade to an English version of IE6 to see if that would make any difference (IE does some tinkering with explorer too when you upgrade afaik).
    It's still mostly useable except that a few error messages come up in a crazy foreign tongue.

I can't imagine what a nightmare chinese would be.

Advertisement